GTX3584RS Turbo

058OYS

• Member For: 9y 11m 25d

will be interesting to see the package they come up with mentioned in the comments.

wonder how responsive the setup could be made.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 14d
9 hours ago, demon1300 said:

No one else got experience with these yet? Working out whether or not to go one of these or efr 9180

I would recommend the Borg Warner S369sx-E over the efr 9180, Its better suited to our engine requirements. Also can be low mounted on standard Fg manifold.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 14d

Granted the EFR has a ball bearing core, but the compressor efficiency drops off too soon. Attached are the compressor charts of both turbos with a plot for approximately 700 crank hp at 23psi. Plot point 1 = 2000rpm, 2 = 3000rpm, 3 = 4000rpm, 4 = 5000rpm, 5 = 6000rpm 6 = 6500rpm.

efr9180.jpg

S369sx-e.jpg

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 2m 6d

Yeah look don't get me wrong, I've done all the numbers and looked at all the data, which is why I keep asking the questions around how good the 9180 really is. Everyone I talk to, Nizpro included say that its not something that you can quantify in numbers. They apparently feel amaaaaazing and the numbers just really don't so them justice.

I'm a facts guy also, so find this "touchy feely" stuff hard to accept but can't ignore the wrap that these turbos get. Everyone that compliments them simply says, "you've just got to drive one to see what I mean". I guess the transient response and early boost is what makes the EFR's so appealing for street use. Not sure why the sxe has such high choke flow and appears to like less boost than the efr.

I think I'll have to go efr, although might be holding off a little. I'll just leave these here...

fc643d97db68bd8bae64c944f72feaa9.jpg5e09320e7b2384a50f0199c937727750.jpg

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 17d

Lol I was going to leave a comment on the other thread saying that a bigger single efr might be as good or better than the smaller singles.

Edit: bigger than the 9180.

Edited by Puffwagon

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 11d

I reckon the 69mm compressor high flow is that borgwarner s369 coldside with a 35r hotside, Should be fairly interesting