BA MK II 305.3rwkw

Force88

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 13d

after a few years of neglect finally took my car in to get fixed and tuned. snapped a diff bolt over a year ago and gave up with the car as the numerous other problems with it gave me the sh*ts. but I got over that and saved up enough to give it another shot and im glad I did. the IMS diff kit that I got installed has made the car so much better to drive, no clunks anywhere :D while tuning the car the valve springs started to float so I opted to have the atomic springs put in. I bought the car from someone off these forums back in 2010 who said that he had put nizpro valve springs in it so I thought it was weird that they were floating, but upon removal mechanic said they were stock ford springs so who knows :S the guy I bought it from also had a dyno sheet saying the car had pulled 390rwkw and that was with a stock crossover,airbox, hot side pipe, BOV (and apparently springs). my car sure was one magical BA back in its hayday. so anyway after pulling all that old sh*t off and replacing with better stuff I managed to pull 305.3rwkw @ 16psi. the car drives better now than it ever has. mod list as follows:

siemens 60lb deka injectors

14lb actuator

plazmaman 4inch race airbox with pod

battery relocated under front bar

plazmaman stage 3 IC with hot and cold side piping

GFB respons BOV plumbed back

walbro in tank pump (not sure which)

earls turbo oil line filter

atomic valve springs

4 inch dump pipe

5 inch 100cel cat

3.5inch exhaust

IMS diff kit

mal wood option 3+ clutch

cheers goes to the guys at TMS in townsville they did an awesome job fitting the diff and tuning the car. now to fix the rooted starter motor and the deafening alternator whine I have coming through my speakers :)

15016166_10210673655819058_1972145828371682572_o.jpg

20161111_115805.jpg

• Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Dyno sheet looks very tidy and there's no hard fast figure for power vs boost so it makes what it makes :) 

• Donating Members

yeah im happy with it, it held 16psi dead flat so at least the motor is still in good shape even after running 19psi for so long. at least I know the bottom end is safer too. guys at TMS did say that their dyno does read lower than others around town. 

• Donating Members

haha yeah no drama I didn't take offense to it I thought the same thing when I saw what the final readout was. most people do seem to make more kw with the same or less boost and even less mods so I dunno what the deal is. there aren't any racetracks around here so 305 is good enough

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 8y 11m 21d
On 11/11/2016 at 5:49 PM, Force88 said:

most people do seem to make more kw with the same or less boost and even less mods so I dunno what the deal is. there aren't any racetracks around here so 305 is good enough

These days that's the perfect attitude to have buddy, if the bottom end is in a safe power range then you can enjoy your car and not have the thought in the back of your mind about when is it gonna let go. Numbers aren't always everything, as long as your happy that's the main thing. And it's SAFE.

Mine made 315rwkw's on 14 psi with very similar set up. So your definitely in the right range of power. As Jet said some respond really well, others don't.

I was lucky when Jet tuned mine he kept turning the screws and it like it and the numbers came.

At the end of the day sounds like you have new found love for your old BA MK2. Happy Dayz buddy.