samhouston

NOT QIK - FG XR6T Manual Ute

Brilliant results buddy :) 

that big turbo takes its merry time to come on hey , what's it like on the street ?

Fuel system currently is that pump I got off you in the tank with a PW Surge with 2x 460s.

I am going to upgrade that to 3x 460s in a bigger surge tank in the coming weeks just for a bit more safety at sustained boost.

We ended up at around 40psi.

Kicking goals there buddy 

what head gasket did you go on the new head and what did you wind the 14.3's up to ? 

Still rocking the PW2 cooler ?

is this it or are you going for more lol 

Edited by JETURBO

Can you move it for me :) I have only just scraped in!

10 minutes ago, JETURBO said:

Kicking goals there buddy 

what head gasket did you go on the new head and what did you wind the 14.3's up to ? 

Still rocking the PW2 cooler ?

is this it or are you going for more lol 

Have always run the standard Ford one mate, that's what Colin, who built my engine has recommended, so I just popped another one of those on.

I got confused with the head studs too, and they are in fact the 12mm Atomic studs, I wound them up to 120ft/lb, gradually from around 80, and they didn't show any sign of being overtightened.

I think one day when I pull the engine out I might look at the 14.3 studs.

Still the stage 2 as well lol, I will upgrade that sometime soon as well, but its coping fine in the cooler weather.

I want more already, but moreso some more control over the fueling, so I am waiting to see what happens when Haltech release their plug and play unit.

You're singing the song I want to hear !!

factory head gasket and Atomic 12's upto 120ftlb and there's 1200HP+ I knew it could hold some power but that's amazing and exactly what I like to see 

That's brilliant as I've just finished my current build for a customer with that exact head spec combo as I believe it could hold some pressure if done precisely on installation and having the head surface machined to a true flat 

I did add some Atomic 28mm OS washers in the mix but again as you did I went from 80 to 120 in small increments and very methodical so I'm hoping that I can keep a lid on things to but it's not going as far as yours has haha :) 

The Atomic M12's had no issues at all going up to 120 and Brad said there's no signs at all even at 150ftlb on the test batches 

love it ! 

Edited by JETURBO

I am not talking atomic. 

I still don't like the finish on his threads.  Wouldn't put them in my car.  And you can bank that.  I see failed bolts daily

Looks sweet mate.

I went for 295/55R15 on the rear and a 26x6 on the front.

Wheels are JEGS SSR, and MT S/S tyres

Edited by samhouston