Tailshaft Suggestions

Bazinoz

• Member For: 8y 8m 1d

Hey guys,

Just looking for a bit of advice.

My standard 06 BF Typhoon has been making some amount of noise while under load. Particularly around 2500 rpm. I took it to ford and they've said it's " an internal problem " with the tailshaft and I also need my diffs replaced. They've quoted me $6000 to get it fixed. My mate has said not to bother getting them to do it and we'll just get the parts and do it ourselves.

Just looking to see if anyone has any suggestions about whether to go aftermarket and suggestions of who to go with. Think I'm going to go with Superpro for the diffs ? But unsure about the tailshaft.

Any suggestions would be awesome

Cheers

Baz

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 27d

Ideally you can find a driveline shop like final drive engineering in perth to sort out the tailshaft for you.

when you say super pro for the diffs I assume you mean the diff support bushes? theres 3 of them. superpro should be fine. if you got lots of money get the independent motorsport twin diff bush upgrade :3gears:

• Member For: 7y 11m 5d

It's the ultra rare 4 wheel drive typhoon Jonno! 

$6k to replace a tailshaft, rebuild a diff and replace diff bushes seems a bit pricey. 

If you're going to pull the cradle out the independent motor sports twin bush diff hat is the go. 110% best option with standard one ford front bushes. https://www.independentmotorsports.com.au/pages/ba-bf-fg-diff-hat-upgrades

Are you running more power than stock? 

Wouldn't hurt to go go and get a second opinion on it. Make sure you know what's wrong with it before you start pulling it apart.