just made it!! Ba mk2 F6

RJF6

• Member For: 8y 11m 22d

Even on a FPV the standard equipment is pretty on the mark for the power levels the factory is looking at achieving.

At 210rwkw's auto and 215-217 rwkw's for the manual. The standard intercooler, wastegate actuator and pipe work etc etc are all good for the power outputs that the standard tune achieves.

You're car has upgraded injectors and high flow cat and maybe a pretty aggressive tune. There's definitely a few more bit and pieces that need to be added to the puzzle that will make your car behave the way it should at 302 rwkw's. 

that's the joys of buying a pre-modded car I suppose. You'll get there buddy.

Just throw a few coin's at it and you will end up with a pretty nice car..

• Like 1

• Member For: 7y 5m 22d
53 minutes ago, Box stock T. said:

Even on a FPV the standard equipment is pretty on the mark for the power levels the factory is looking at achieving.

At 210rwkw's auto and 215-217 rwkw's for the manual. The standard intercooler, wastegate actuator and pipe work etc etc are all good for the power outputs that the standard tune achieves.

You're car has upgraded injectors and high flow cat and maybe a pretty aggressive tune. There's definitely a few more bit and pieces that need to be added to the puzzle that will make your car behave the way it should at 302 rwkw's. 

that's the joys of buying a pre-modded car I suppose. You'll get there buddy.

Just throw a few coin's at it and you will end up with a pretty nice car..

ah see I was told that the fvp was pretty much ready to run 300kw+ with just injectors and a tune (by a ss driving mate who thinks he knows his sh*t) this is the info I need to learn, think I'll change fuel pump and filter, then have it re tuned for less boost until I can do intercooler kit, battery relocate and intake. seems most people go for the big named kits are they really that much better?? I better get reading 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
2 hours ago, ROB83R said:

I have issue number 1 in my stock BF. 

After a good flogging it comes on boost instantly. 

It could be 1 heatsoak or 2 something in the tune like puff said or 3 boost control issues or 4 valve springs. 

Loose turbo nutzz?

I've had to tighten mine several times.

1 hour ago, RJF6 said:

think I'll change fuel pump and filter, then have it re tuned for less boost until I can do intercooler kit, battery relocate and intake. seems most people go for the big named kits are they really that much better?? I better get reading 

Just my preference but I would drive around the issue until I could sort out the parts.

I'd fit them myself and then get it tuned, thereby making the most of my tuning money so the hp per dollar ratio stays good.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RJF6 said:

ah see I was told that the fvp was pretty much ready to run 300kw+ with just injectors and a tune (by a ss driving mate who thinks he knows his sh*t) this is the info I need to learn, think I'll change fuel pump and filter, then have it re tuned for less boost until I can do intercooler kit, battery relocate and intake. seems most people go for the big named kits are they really that much better?? I better get reading 

Your SS mate is some what right, a F6 and even XR6 turbo's can be run at high 200's to 300 rear wheel kilowatts with just injectors and a maxed out tune. But and it's big BUT everything is completely maxed out I.e. Fuel pump ,injectors,wastegate spring, intercooler (heat soak ) and even F6 valve springs would be pushed pretty hard. 

Then the problems start raise there ugly head... 

Spend the coin on the right supporting mods and you'll be flying. Literally...

There's mixed opinions about intercoolers but a good Plazmaman or Process West Stage2 kit will serve you and your engine well. 

• Like 1

Just another thing to add. You mentioned at the top of your thread that your car has 302 kw's. Most people talk in rwkw's on here. So which is it.

302 kw's which is roughly 250 rwkw's

Or 302 rwkw's which is roughly

350 kw's. Just trying to get a clear idea so that the lads who will help out with info know exactly what you have power wise versus the mods you have. 

I only talk rwkw!!! new to this forum I thought Rwkw was the standard across most forums as we are all testing our cars @ the wheels and I didn't need to elaborate on that, but all good I'll remember to post rwkw not kw

7 hours ago, Box stock T. said:

Your SS mate is some what right, a F6 and even XR6 turbo's can be run at high 200's to 300 rear wheel kilowatts with just injectors and a maxed out tune. But and it's big BUT everything is completely maxed out I.e. Fuel pump ,injectors,wastegate spring, intercooler (heat soak ) and even F6 valve springs would be pushed pretty hard. 

Then the problems start raise there ugly head... 

Spend the coin on the right supporting mods and you'll be flying. Literally...

There's mixed opinions about intercoolers but a good Plazmaman or Process West Stage2 kit will serve you and your engine well. 

yeh I was thinking the car was pushing hard to do what it is, think I'll retune for 20-30kws less until I sort out the other gear, surprised the guy who tuned it let it out of the work shop if it's on the edge that much, done some reading last night and I'm slowly learning more about these beasts