Falcon: The Legacy Lives On - Sat 15 Oct in Avalon

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

u636hKb.jpg

Hi Guys,

I have an opportunity to take about 20 people to see this event (10 in morning and 10 in afternoon) being put on by Ford and Wheels magazine on Sat Oct 15 at Avalon to pay tribute to Ford's  91-year manufacturing history, the iconic Falcon and the employees who helped make it a legend. This is a free event to attend - it's sponsored by Ford and Wheels magazine with extra tickets made available to FordXR6Turbo.com - but it's by invitation only.  We have to act fast - I have to let them know by Tue Oct 4 (well event is for Oct 15 and they need to prepare for it).

I've put in my preference for the morning session so as to be able to preview the auction items before the auction.

Ford and Wheels hope to bring together fans, designers, engineers, Wheels staff and others to honour the Falcon, including a special appearance by some of the final Falcons, Falcon Utes and Territories. 
We would also will be able to:
-  Celebrate iconic Falcons inside the venue while placing your Ford in an informal car show outside
-  Have your photo taken with some of the final vehicles
-  Participate in a very special live auction
-  Speak with members of the Ford team about Falcon’s legacy that they will carry forward
-  Take home a free copy of the November edition of Wheels magazine that you can have signed by the people who created and document Falcon through the years

A range of paid food and beverage trucks will be on-site and available to all guests at their own cost.

Venue: Avalon Airport Hangar 4
Date: Saturday, Oct 15
Time: Morning 10am – 1.30pm / Afternoon 2.30pm – 6pm
Auction: 1.30pm – 2.30pm

We need to agree to Ford’s terms of entry which are attached to this first post.

Photos: Guests will be allocated a 30 minute time slot for a professional photograph with some of the final vehicles. Guests must arrive 30 minutes before their allocated photograph slot in order not to miss it.
This time slot can't be changed and any guests who miss it won't be given another time. Times will be clearly stated on the ticket.

Everyone in the afternoon session can arrive from 1pm to enjoy the auction and the food on offer.

We hope you join us in honouring all of the contributions of our employees, our storied manufacturing history and Falcon’s legacy that will continue to drive Ford’s local innovation and investment well into the future.

I got the invite courtesy of 
Graeme Whickman                                                                         Ged Bulmer
President and CEO, Ford Australia and New Zealand                          General Manager and Associate Publisher, Motoring

I sort of need to know by tomorrow Tue Oct 4 (got a 1 day extension to dead-line) if you'd like to come along. 
I'll need your first and last name, email and mobile number to attend (part of condtions of entry) - please PM me the details if you can or PM with your mobile so I can contact you for that info.  

I also think Ford/Wheels are pretty flexible - if we have more than 10 going to the morning session - they'll probably have more tickets.

Attending:

Morning

1. EvilDaifu

2. Rab

3. Rab senior or son

4. Rab's Ford crazy mate

5. Rab's Ford crazy mate

6. Rab's Ford crazy mate

7. bloodycrashboy

:beerchug:

Conditions of entry .pdf

• EvilDaifu pinned this topic