Another FG N/A to Turbo Conversion

utelife

• Member For: 7y 6m 22d

Hey guys first time posting been researching into an XR6 turbo conversion for about 6 months or so and I've decided to go ahead with the project but have run into some issues/questions that need addressing before I mindlessly slap sh*t on an N/A motor expecting everything to be rainbows and roses. 

Currently I've bought 

- FG F6 intake manifold 

- Fuel rail

- FPR

- F6 Injectors

- Throttle body

- Map sensor
- GT3576

- Intercooler and all piping including cross over and throttle body pipe

I still need a fg exhaust manifold and dump pipe but

is there anything else I need to get ? I'm quite certain I'm missing some parts that I've seemed to skip over.

what I'd also like to know is there are some vacuum lines on the intake manifold I'm not sure about. I do know one of the hoses is connected to the brake booster but I don't know what the other 2 vacuum lines are for. One being next to the brake booster vacuum line and the other being on the opposite side of where the map sensor is. If anyone could at least help me with one of these questions that would be awesome.

Cheers

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 5d

ignore the haters like BAXRTUTE, he is just butt hurt.

FG n/a motors have made 500wkw+ on E85 all day everyday with power skids galore. NAC in sydney have done several and I know one of the cars very well an was going strong until the oil pump failed. cant complain when it cost $400 from the wreckers

what I'd also like to know is there are some vacuum lines on the intake manifold I'm not sure about. I do know one of the hoses is connected to the brake booster but I don't know what the other 2 vacuum lines are for. One being next to the brake booster vacuum line and the other being on the opposite side of where the map sensor is. If anyone could at least help me with one of these questions that would be awesome.

have you got a photo so we know what you are talking about?

10 minutes ago, MBAF said:

FG n/a motors have made 500wkw+ on E85 all day everyday with power skids galore. NAC in sydney have done several and I know one of the cars very well an was going strong until the oil pump failed. cant complain when it cost $400 from the wreckers

thanks for the reply MBAF
and heres a link 

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 1d
17 minutes ago, MBAF said:

hahaha cool story Damo

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 18d

They can make power but for how long? Would only go that way if you blew your motor and used it as a temp until a decent motor was built.

Pretty sure the car Damo mentioned only lasted a few months with that motor and they only did it to prove a point.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 5d

6 months of constant thrashing with a big single. Its not the be all and end all, but can be done. keep it sub 400kw and it will be fine. do the supporting mods, keep it of the limiter

6 minutes ago, OZYWALKER said:

They can make power but for how long? Would only go that way if you blew your motor and used it as a temp until a decent motor was built.

Pretty sure the car Damo mentioned only lasted a few months with that motor and they only did it to prove a point.

I'm looking for no where near 500rwkw. More like 200rwkw and driving to and from work would do me fine.