Peppy can tune?

Peppy_t92

• 2 weeks later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d

How are we fellas,

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy working on my car for once, I'll update my build thread once it's up and running with some exciting changes

But let me share some more cars, it's not a ford, I hope you like it

531ec1f6723820a351d889cab885af09.jpg

Is that a blown LS in a Datsun 1600?

Yep,

Clever right haha, a very good friend of mine wanted a car that would fry instantly, instant power and be reliable, he has been through the Commodores and falcons but wanted something different... he had the Datsun with a 4link setup and firewall already modified for a 2j, I said let's put a Barra and ZF in it.. nope, I want big loud and angry, alright LS twin turbo, nup, you gotta be blown to be known he said,

So the motor is a stock bottom end L98 (6.0l out of a VE) I put a big lower cam, lifters, valves and springs in it, it has a Holley hi ram manifold and then we dropped a 6/71 blower on it, it's still EFI, controlled by an old EMS M80, using all the stock sensors, coils etc.. and a Powerglide getting the power to the rear

b3d8229b735a026b7b4c440970616a0f.jpg

792a1447a33f445352a8aa16b2314305.jpg

ab0780bf093b7b03a59af3823957b1f9.jpg

It turned into a full tube chassis car, new firewall and 4link setup with a shortened Borg warner hilux diff to fit 28x15 tyres up the back (if he ever wants too), Evo8 Brembos but yet to fit its final wheels

7fa87fb9021a7f719fd176b3bdd2895d.jpg

74537059b99b4fd5b60d2511602f8218.jpg

260662a7f406b592ff52ed47c98ff8bd.jpg

Mind you, this project went from a rolling datsun to what it is today within 6weeks to make it to the last Powerplay, which ended up getting rained out -_-.. we pulled an all nighter go get it to the event with this being the second start up for the car so I only had a very basic educated guess at the tune haha

https://vimeo.com/189691685

A few days later I got some dyno time with it, being a stock bottom end I kept it conservative, it is running 6psi and soft cut rev limiter at 6000rpm.. it hovered around the 400rwkw mark, which is more then enough to have fun in this car which weighed in at just under 1100kg

https://vimeo.com/189694390

This was his first real drive of the car, and first time on a burnout pad ever, very nervous and still working the car out, I told him to stay off the limiter, he did well haha

After that, he copped a 6 month ban from the track for doing a trailer skid in the carpark .. so we'll be back out with it soon!

https://vimeo.com/189696013
  • Like 5

• Member For: 7y 10m 9d

Most reliable burnout combo you can get. 

Its hard to make them different when everyone is doing. At least it isn't in a corolla or bombadore. And with that tube chassis it'll be very predictable on the pad once he gets the hang of it. 

Looks like you got that summernats idle down down pat also :spoton:

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

That's because he is trying to keep it off the limiter on and off the throttle. Theres 3 throttle blades the size of the blade on a falcon so any slight opening is a huge throttle change its hard to keep it smooth and steady. Have you thought of blocking both the outside holes in the hat Joe? Carby cars are 10 times easyer to keep constant rpm then injected cars.

Car looks sweet Joe was following the progress on facebook, do you have any fuel getting inected in the top of the blower?

Thanks guys, we love it and are very proud of it so far

But yea 100% EFF, the middle throttle blade is the only one that's working, the side two are blocked off from the inside.. the issue here was the return spring was too stiff, so he had to push too hard to move the throttle, then he had me in the back of his head saying "stay off the limiter" and our fabricator mate saying "stay off the wall"

We've since changed to a softer spring so it's much easier to control and hold steady..

But yea I also setup a nitrous fuel solenoid constantly pulsing fuel into the top of the blower and ramps up with boost, which cools the rotors and also helps get the "Summernats Hunt".. that was another one of his requirements haha

Speak of the devil haha, he literally just sent me some pics

ef93e09cf08114018c768575055d2cec.jpg

5bd7b681a7319369bacf96de73c82866.jpg

1f047fb22c4cc538e24657c41c75459a.jpg

We're taking it to an all Datsun day here this weekend.. there's some fanatics hey, some of them absolutely hate what we have done to it and aren't shy to tell us lol

• Like 5