2002 BA Xr6 Turbo

polishboi.luke

• 3 months later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

It looks clean enough man and it's obviously functional.

You should be able to pull a skid or two :whistle: 

Maybe think about shielding that pod from the farken hot engine bay air and get it sucking from the front. It made a difference in my car.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I went from the stock crossover to 3 inch cool side. As such I had to use a cheap pod for a while straight off the turbo until my 4 inch cold side (odyssey battery, small filter, plazmaman box etc) turned up.

The iat would get so hot with the pod that it would pull timing like no ones business and it wouldn't even run properly on 12 psi let alone 18 or so that it handles now.

I'm not sure of the power gains but I think it would be in the 50 to 100 rwkw area in my case. That is based on how much boost it could take, not how much it could take on low boost.

Yours would be less based on the example but there are gains to be had from insulating intake parts from engine bay heat.

I've made (tiny) gains from a sock and leccy tape around a fuel line back in the day.

• Member For: 9y 4m 28d

when I was running my standard tubro I had the plazmaman air intake which went into the wheelarch liner which was good because I took the fog light out so it got really good air but now with that 4inch intake I had to run that setup but because its a huge filter and huge pipe I tihnk it should be ok

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah mines like yours but has a smaller filter and it's in a box with the smaller battery. I might relocate the battery and get a bigger filter like yours later if it needs it.

I haven't logged the ait's with or without a box with my current setup but it could only be better with a filter box especially when everything's insulated.

All that sh*t heats up under the bonnet when you're just cruising around and pulling ambient temp air will cool it down pretty quick.