Tassie Cruise 2016 - Nov 17 - 21

EvilDaifu

• Member For: 7y 10m 9d

As you guys go through Dunalley stop at the Fish and chip shop on the water there and see if the Oyster farmers dog is there playing with his Seal mate. 

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 10d

Looks interesting. I'll have to see if I can get time off work though, I guess I could start driving down on Wednesday night.

Does this mean there's no Snowy Cruise this year?

• Like 2

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Well - some of us thought it would be good to try some roads in Tassie for a change in Nov.  Be good Pookey if you could make it with us.  Yeah - if I were you I'd prolly drive down to Melb Wed so you get a full day's rest before doing the roads in Tassie with us :thumbsup:

We'll prolly organise a VIC Alpine cruise in Mar 2017 as well if you were keen to do Falls Creek and Mt Hotham again.   Then do another Snowy Cruise in Nov 2017.

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 12y 5m 13d

I may!  The car does need some work though.  Depending if I can get it back up to scratch depends whether I can join.

Glad to see you booked a cabin, the recliners are horrible! I will never do that again.  The bright side is I wouldn't have too ;)

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
On 9/7/2016 at 8:51 AM, Rab said:

Can recommend Mason Cottages near Eaglehawk Neck for the Port Arthur night.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/au/masons-cottages.en-gb.html?aid=344323;label=metatrivago-hotel-1136182_xqdz-b60aec3741b80c752b33b98ed4707d30_los-1_nrm-1_gstadt-2_gstkid-0_curr-aud_lang-en;sid=8784fd810037300ee6418b5048a5addc;checkin=2016-09-25&checkout=2016-09-26&dist=0&group_adults=2&group_children=0&no_rooms=1&req_adults=2&req_children=0&sb_price_type=total&show_room=113618202_88831912_2_0&type=total&utm_campaign=au&utm_content=los-1_nrm-1_gstadt-2_gstkid-0_curr-aud_lang-en&utm_medium=meta&utm_source=metatrivago&utm_term=hotel-1136182&

About 10-15mins from Port Arthur.

Probably worth doing the Ghost Tour and grabbing dinner at the bistro at the Port too (not much else for food down that stretch from what I can recall)

If people don't want to do the night tour/feed maybe a BBQ at the cottages that night? I think there was a pub down the road which may/may not have done meals)

Sounds good Rab.  I'll update first post with to stay at Masons Cottage with a BBQ (pick up meet at a town on the way through) there and then we can drive down and have a look around Port Arthur.  Depending on driving during that Sunday - we might do day visit or the night time Ghost tour (probably day visit if possible as you've already done the night tour).

:beerchug:

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Updated first post with accommodation options.  Please book your own accommodation as soon as you know you're joining us as it's booking out fast.  

Selected places with ample parking as some places in Tassie parking can get tight (especially Hobart).   Most places have twin beds so if you miss out - likely you'll be able to bunk in with someone at a pinch.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Great Rab :thumbsup:

I took the liberty to reserve a table of 6 for us at Mures Upper Deck on Sat night 19 Nov for 7:30pm.  It's a bit exxy so can always cancel if we decide to eat elsewhere.  Lower deck is more reasonably priced so we can always go there if people prefer.

• Like 1