Tassie Cruise 2016 - Nov 17 - 21

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 22d

For everyone who is thinking of coming along - you don't have to do the full route with us.  It would be great if we could get a few more coming along for some legs of the trip.

So mate - happy for you to join us on Sat then leave Mon morning ...

k31th - my mate is coming around this afternoon to have a look at my T.  I think he wants it - he's in the market for a second car.  But if he does not want it - I could do a sweet deal for you :ielh: 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

lol I'm not going to fight somebody for it... I'd only buy it to drive it on this cruise then sell it haha :P he can have it in three weeks' time for the same price + a few KM's haha

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

The ship is booked out as far as car spots so looks like that's it as far as cars coming over the ferry. Who'd believe it!  I believe if you ring back frequently between now and our departure date - there might be a chance as cancellations do happen.

So any locals planning to join us - c'mon this is a great opportunity to join us for some challenging and at the same time panoramic routes (well you'd know as they are in your backyard :thumbsup: )

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

For the guys bringing a car on the Spirit of Tassie - no dangerous goods and no fresh fruit / vegies to be carried in the car.

So that means any jerry cans need to be empty and we fill them up in Devonport on arrival.  Likewise we we depart - empty your jerry can into your tank or lose it at Devonport.

Spare batteries are okay.

They don's strap down your Ford - for some reason I thought I remember seeing some vehicles strapped down last time I went - but they must have been large vehicles or motorycles.

Also - I'd like to stop by this place - Tasmania's first malt whisky distillery with cellar door in Hobart :beerchug:

http://larkdistillery.com/cellar-door/

WebLogoLark.png 

:thumbsup:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d
On 05/11/2016 at 11:03 PM, k31th said:

I'm tempted to buy Gary's car so that I can have a car hahah talk about late notice... lol

So... this has come to fruition :spoton:

On 05/11/2016 at 11:21 PM, Rab said:

DO IT :)

have done it!

On 05/11/2016 at 11:22 PM, k31th said:

I haven't even worked out if it's possible, yet... there's a lot of hurdles...

Hurdles overcome:

1. Contact Gary to organise potential purchase of his old car - done.

2. Couldn't book on boat for 17th Nov - had to book for 16th Nov instead... oh well, an extra day in Tassie :turboboink:

3. Annual Leave - approved today :yay: no working for me on this cruise (probably jinxed myself here...).

4. Booking at Strahan 18th Nov - couldn't get the same place as in the first post; have booked at "Bay View Cottages, Cabins & Strahan Wilderness Lodge" instead for Friday night.

5. Booking at Hobart 19th Nov - couldn't get the same place as in the first post; have booked at 'Welcome Stranger Hotel".

6. Booking at Taranna 20th Nov - got into the same place as in the first post, for a change :P

7. Book return boat ticket for 21st Nov night - I'm on the same trip back as the others, at least, even if I couldn't get over on the same trip.

8. Contact Gary to confirm details of purchase of his old car - done.

Hurdles yet to overcome (none of which will prevent me going on this cruise!)

1. Test drive and organise actual changeover of ownership for the car before I have to be on the boat :yikes:

2. Figure out what I'm doing on my spare day before the others arrive in Devonport... Will probably just sacrifice another tank of fuel either driving up to the north-west or north-east of Tassie and then return to stay in Devonport that night. Open to ideas/suggestions on this one

3. Probably a bunch of other little things that need to be sorted...

On 05/11/2016 at 11:42 PM, stubbietubbie said:

BUT I need total, 100% commitment from the hamster to do this.

Therefore no, we ain't going. :P

100% committed :icon_ford:

We're going, stubbster! xD

On 05/11/2016 at 11:47 PM, k31th said:

yeah right, mate... you won't show, even if I do manage to wrangle it xD

:stupid:

• Like 6