Sandown Performance Track and Race Training 22/10/16

Rab

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 24d

Hey guys,

I've booked myself in for a day at Sandown on 22/10/2016 for some trackwork and training (training is sort of optional) as an introduction to doing some track days and thought I'd see if anyone else was interested.

I've done similar before on the bike and was blown away with how much I learnt and had an absolute blast doing it.

Cost is $350 (not sure how much a "free for all" trackday or club days costs, but am after a bit of guidance for my virginity), goes over 8 hours (with at least 20 mins track time each hour), includes instructors being available and lunch/refreshments.

Details are here:

https://driverdynamics.rezdy.com/44567/high-performance-training-and-race-track-driving-day-sandown

Let me know if interested - would be great to catch up with some of you and share the day.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 28d

Hey mate. I usually go to the timed days run by club days which are a fair bit cheaper due to the lack of instruction, but I'm pretty sure we might be able to spectate for free unless Driver Dynamics don't allow it. If they do allow spectating, maybe we can use the day as a mini meet up for us on here? Just a suggestion.

Regardless, make sure you get a timing app on your phone like RaceChrono or Harry's Lap Timer because Driver Dynamics don't include official lap timing in that package. Have fun!

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Yeah, will be looking at club days in the future - just want to get the first one done with all the help and pointers I can. Get rid of any bad habits etc and find out the weak points in my setup/car that I need to address.

Lap timing is expressly forbidden on the training days, but I'm sure the dashcam and gopro will give me close enough times after the event. Will look into the apps too. I'll be miles off any sort of consistency for it to be of any use other than interest or embarrassment anyway. Will probably be using the phone to monitor/log data/temps.

Not sure on the spectating side - will find out if there's some interest, but doubt "Watch Rab go round Sandown" would get many takers :)

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 24d

hey rab I would be keen if I had the coin atm. (newborn baby) :( unless your shout?????

read their site says 74 decibels sound limit lol

and if your on 98 you can buy some Oxygen Race Fuel Concentrate - 1 Litre can, for the slow guys on 98 hahah

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d
3 minutes ago, Ford Freak said:

74 decibels sound limit

double-you-tee-eff... how can you have such a low limit on a race track... a stock falcon is louder than that at idle haha (I think... either way, just changing the exhaust at all is likely to be significantly louder than this).

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
8 minutes ago, Ford Freak said:

and if your on 98 you can buy some Oxygen Race Fuel Concentrate - 1 Litre can,

LPG - am proper taxi spec ;)

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Depends where they measure from.

Princess Highway outside would be louder than 74db when running smooth if measured from the side of the road.

Passenger car at 65 mph at 25 ft (77 dB); freeway at 50 ft from pavement edge 10 a.m. (76 dB). 

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Just do it after scrutineering ;)

I know the track day I did on the bike that my exhaust was over the limit but they didn't bat an eyelid.

Have got a mate with a Clubby who just decided to sign up for the day - definitely need some more taxi's to come along now ;)