BA xr6t Collie track day

ERICtheBERIC

• Member For: 9y 6m 24d

So I took my BA xt to xr6t converted falcon to Collie motorplex for the first time for some track work. Absolutely killer time, did a best of 58.88 around it and overtook quite a few quick quick cars surprisngly. One major issue I had though was the breaking. Theres a low pitch rumbling noise and feel through the car on hard breaking, which I assume is just the ABS. I have the 322mm dba T3 rotors with bendix ultimate pads on the front and stock as rock rears, near new michelin pilot sport 3's all round and the breaking is definitely lacking compared to everything else. Is there any way to disable the ABS short of taking the wheel speed sensors out and hoping for the best? Ill flush the break fluid and replace it with something high temp before the next track day and maybe get some good pads on the rear.

Ive also recently lost my licence for 7 months and am seriously thinking about turning it into a dedicated track car, ive have a had bit of a look around teh web and cant see to many BA falcons as track cars (besides V8 supercars) out there. I know it wouldnt be the quickest thing out there because of the weight, but I cant afford to buy a track car and really cant get the money to let go of the falcon after all the work ive put into it. Ive seen that AGI do off the shelf roll cages for BA's in a few configurations which is a good start for about $1700. Cant seem to find any racing coilovers though without getting custom stuff made which I probably couldnt afford. Could anybody point me in the right direction for racing stuff for BA's? TIA 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 6d

QFM A1RM pads have been good to me on my BA, which I have also taken on track. As for coilovers, I'm sure most people here will direct you to Shockworks.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

if you make your car a track care, what will you drive when you get your licence back? lol.

imo falcons are terrible track cars. if you dont have the on going coin to maintain one dont bother. 

upgrade your car keep it a street car and do the very occasional track day. 

you need better brakes than what you have, get some 6 pot/4 pot brembos up front. and shockworkz coilovers, and a good suspension shop to check your bushes etc etc

• Like 2

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 3d

Nelsonian has the best longtime track time on a falcon.
Check his topics.

I've had extensive track time with my old FG, probably 5,000km ish over the years I had it...
BRAKE FLUID is key. I used PMU GFour fluid and it was amazing.
Suspension is next up. A good set of springs and shocks will out perform cheap coilovers etc.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

^^^^  shockworks cheap coilovers?

:P

Edited by masda74

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d
17 hours ago, Tocchi said:

Nelsonian has the best longtime track time on a falcon.
Check his topics.

I've had extensive track time with my old FG, probably 5,000km ish over the years I had it...
BRAKE FLUID is key. I used PMU GFour fluid and it was amazing.
Suspension is next up. A good set of springs and shocks will out perform cheap coilovers etc.

didnt say you couldnt track a falcon, they are a fkn taxi. you will get smoked by  better set up car for eg gtr anyday. 

falcons chew brakes hard because they are so heavy. 

• Like 1