My F6 Tpyhoons life

Elusivef6

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 7y 8m 28d

The car is now crazy. 1st and 2nd gear are write off's. 

I have nitto Invo 265/19 on the back and with my previous tune 350rwkw they were holding well. Now however their not quite up to the task. 445rwkw. I will need to look into organizing some some better grip as this is kinda crazy. Any suggestions ?

Also Shockworks are also on their way. 

• Like 1

The turbo heat shield paint is holding up well and seems to be getting better the more the car is run and the heat generated from this.

The hairdryer process was time consuming and kinda a crappy job but well worth the time. I had to go this way as the Mrs wasn't to impressed with the recommendation on the spray can to place the parts into the oven for an hour at 250C.

Overall it looks pretty good and worth the time put in

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What a piece of cake to fit. Maybe 2hrs with 2x guys ( it did take about 4-5+ hrs as we took a pub break in between haha).

Handling has improved the large bumps don't rocket through the car and make the loud bang/shud noise it once did.

It feels a lot tighter going into corners at higher speeds and your not worried about postioning yourself in the seat and steering it so much. 

It is a bit stiffer then standard at the moment around town. I haven't changed any settings as Brett set them up to his recommendations before they arrived.

So I've got no real excuse now not to take to some events.

The nitto invo's  are a bit of a problem though.. Oh well time to fry these off and look at toyo r888's as suggested

Im gonna have to try this new rubber on the 19"x8 twist rims that's on it as finding rims to fit over brembo's is tricky and I only really want 2 for traction purposes.

445rwkw if a handful in a manual and trying to find a way to get into ( decent throttle amount)  without spinning the rears dosent seem possible

3rd gears pulls is were u gain more traction/control

crazy fun but

• Like 1