Mamba GT3582 Turbine Housing

kb351

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 10m 19d
On 11/08/2019 at 11:04 AM, JETURBO said:

Mamba housings belong in the bin 

it’s a shame because they’re cheap but the fact is they’re smaller than 1.05 

this creates issues when coming to getting the port size and shape correct to control boost 

they are prone to cracking also 

I’ll never touch one on a customer car nor will I recommend them 

Jetty do you have a prefer'd porting option

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 16d

jet does a massive 39mm port. To do this im pretty sure you have to do some extra work to get it to set properly as the original seat will be completely gone.  So if someone is thinking that big definitely pay a pro such as JET.

35mm is achievable by the well equipped DIY'er with a good eye and a steady hand and a 37mm ebay flapper.  You can port and leave 1 mm of the original seat and not have to clearance the side of the housing/make a flush seat etc.  Having said this, a 39mm port will flow 20% more than a 35mm port, and anyone that has ever tuned these things know the internal gate is a pain in the ass with gear changes. Bigger port better boost control and faster gear changes as the torque requestors are a lot happier.

If anyone is doing this and reading this... make sure you open up the throat on the short side radius too. Think of it like head porting but you always have fast air coming in.

just my 2c :)

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

My housings are brand new castings with correct seat locations so it’s not a “modified” unit but a brand new designer unit.

Housing mods aren’t all equal and thus leading me to push for something better and it hasn’t disappointed me yet despite the cost. Lip and seat need meat for a good seal and fast spool yet general OD needs to be large and “Shaped” yet still remaining is a flat bottom to reduce “clipping” 

• Like 2

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Its more about the shape than size. seen some horror stories. Its all about controlling the boost.  Big is not always best. 

Once your tuner has done 100s its pretty well sorted. Maybe that's 1000s.

Tuning 2004 -2019. maybe 1000s.

Edited by arronm

• Member For: 9y 11m 7d

this is the solution;

t31.06xr68-1_2_1000x742.jpg

t31.06xr68-2_1000x750.jpg

t3 1.06 w/ external gate welded onto it. custom dump with gate plumbed back in to keep it legal and quiet.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 10m 19d

Genuine garret housing, 1k.

Is a bit of a waste when you can do the same thing to the stock housing and still use mostly of the shelf exhaust parts.

Ive just put the gate on the exhaust manifold and merged it straight back into a 4inch dump.

PtMwgjG.jpg

• Like 2