Mamba GT3582 Turbine Housing

kb351

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 28d

Hi all,

I see that Mamba show that their turbine housings are already ported with 34mm wastegate hole.

Would this just be simple swap out for a cracked OEM housing and remove the need for porting/wastegate flapper mods? Then just need to buy a suitable (12lb) actuator.

If so it seems a pretty low cost option compared to buying an OEM housing and getting it modded, or even using an existing std housing that would require modding.

Any one have experience with these housings? did you need to get extra housing mods done or just bolt on an away you go?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 27d

It will depend on the size of the turbo you are bolting onto it. I have one bolted to a t04z compressor (68mm) and its too big a turbo. I had it ported out to 38mm but still having some issues.

I might be selling my mamba housing soon if you want to safe a couple of dollars and pickup one that's had some porting work done to it. 

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Hey, thanks for the reply molch! So many views so few replies...

I'm looking at a gt3582 and chasing about 360-380RWKW. 

Thanks for the offer but in between me first posting and now, the Mamba housing went on sale so I picked one up for $238 delivered.

I'm not too sure about quality but will give feedback once I get moving on doing something.

Edited by kb351

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 27d

Yeah man wish I got in earlier. Not many have experience with the Mamba housing and now Mamba have dropped price conveniently when I raised this issue to them! Maybe it's to get more out I the market place so we can continue to test their products. I guess R&D and customer service is limited when you sell at the prices they do.

I I do like the turbo itself. Comes on boost and pulls really hard. 

What exhaust and intake do you have. I think that will impact any overboosting issues.

• Donating Members

I only have std exhaust and dump at the moment with Venom cat pipe - only change I intend on getting is venom twin 2.5"

My concern is that the swing valve appears to slightly catch on the lip of the port as it starts to close when operating by hand. Only just touches and doesn't seem to do it consistently - was that part of your issue? (providing that makes sense).

The internal dimensions are slightly smaller and I'm not sure if that would help with low down response or add to boost control issues - happy to hear any feedback you have.

• 2 years later...
  • Member For: 11y 11m 21d

Re-opening an old thread, I know... I just bought a gt35r rear housing from Mamba to replace the cracked Garrett housing I have at the moment. Mamba claim a direct replacement turbine housing to bolt to the original core (but with mamba actuator) The problem is, theres a significant difference in housing sizes.

The Mamba housing claims to be 1.05, but I suggest they have it wrong - the housing has no cast markings on it at all apart from a “14” on the inside of the exhaust manifold flange, being “14cm2”.  

Putting the two side by side and the garrett looks fatter and when measured is about 5mm wider all way around. Theres also a considerable amount of extra casting around the exhaust flange, with some other differences to the garrett, such as a relatively straight exit from the wheel to the flange (opposed to a taper on the Garrett), some nasty square edges around the machining for the wastegate port and a distinctly longer boss where the core bolts to (making the core and compressor housing forward more)

Before I machine this housing and then have it coated, has anyone else used one of these housings and had any issues? I would suggest by just looking at the housing size that its been mistakenly branded and is alot smaller a/r than claimed, so naturally I dont really want to use it if its going to cause unnecessary back pressure. 

Looking forward to see what you guys have experienced with these Mamba housings.

Here are the two side by side...

8478564A-6F77-4EFB-A7CB-873581217E36.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Mamba housings belong in the bin 

it’s a shame because they’re cheap but the fact is they’re smaller than 1.05 

this creates issues when coming to getting the port size and shape correct to control boost 

they are prone to cracking also 

I’ll never touch one on a customer car nor will I recommend them 

• 2 weeks later...