My Phantom BA XR6 Turbo Build

tazzanz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 26d

I will probably just see when the power curve ends, if its still making power at 7000-8000rpm with the GT47 I will let it eat. Obviously if its not making anymore power past 6500 its unnecessary. I was in contact with Nitto last week to purchase some ARP625 rod bolts, they said it would be a waste unless I'm seeing 10000rpm, Im currently running ARP2000 Bolts with a "0.250" gudgeon pin. I will relay the above to my head guy when the time comes, The oil pump should be more than capable supplying oil at these rev's same pump has seen 10000rpm on the dynomite car.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

98265aae17d1be8eb49f24efd157e078.jpg

That's rubbish.   Stock 6 tops. Runs out of power with stock cams unless big boost. . .   But once built with performance Parts

+7500 ok. 

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Spin a stock barra to 7k and you will break it in a short amount of time.

Not the case with upgraded internals. 

The piston speed etc is a consideration when picking a rev limit regardless of how well it's built.

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

We’ve spun a mates dead stock ba na motor to 7500 with stock everything and a gt42 on the side doing skids for over a minute at full noise and still haven’t had it go rods out

My stock 4l did 7200+ for years on 25lb crank ended up breaking but highly doubt Rpm was the cause of that being that everything else in the motor is still in perfect condition.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Lol that's mainly luck combined with a decent tune. I bet those rods weren't far off bending if they weren't already a bit buckled.

Edit: It's also luck to get a na motor to spin that high under boost. The valve springs would not have been very happy if they were even closing the valves in time.

Edited by Puffwagon
Boost