Running Problems with my BA XR6 Turboe

• Member For: 7y 7m 24d

Hi I have a 2003 BA XR6 Turbo and when I start it, it revs to 3000rpm and then slowly drops down and then it jumps up and down from 500rpm to 1750rpm till it stalls, if I push on the accelerator before the rpms start to come down the car with idle at 1750rpms, when driving and changing gears the during the gear change the rpms will rise higher then it was before changing gears, now I have had error code come up and they are P1270 engine RPM and P2110 Throttle Actuator control system. I have checked for vacuum leaks and found the air pipe that went into the front of the turbo was undone and two other hose clamps weren't working right. Now I have replaced the clamps and reconnected the air pipe to the front of the turbo. I have cleaned the throttle body and checked for vacuum leaks which now there are none, but the car is still doing the same thing, please can someone help me for I am in a real bind and with limited funds for only on a disabled pension, and and all advice would be much appreciated.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I got another second hand throttle body put in and the Etc did not come up since then, however the revs are always hunting around 1250rpm when in neutral.

I have put another throttle body on and have now restarted thhe car it seems the same but after 5mins of running at idle it has gone from idling at 1750 rpm to 1500rpm I'll keep it going for 15 to 20 mins and see if it has gotten any lower

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

speaking to someone recently, there was mention of a boost leak that may be causing this. I will be getting this checked myself as the car is making a weird noise when coming on boost on 5th gear.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a mate who is a mechanic and he found that I have an intake manifold leak and that it could be causing most of the problems so I am changing it now but can't work out how to get the second from the front top bolt off for I can't seem to find anything to fit in the spot do you have any ideas? how did you go with the boost leak? was it that or something else for I had spayed airo start all around and the rpms never changed but he found it and said before we put it on the coder that I have to fix this first, but I just can't get to that bolt.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Keith.  You need to work on cars more.  Bolts are 10mm hex head, and I can tell that from the bedroom. 

agourley.  Remove the throttle body and fuel rail.  Will make the job easier. 

Edited by arronm