G6E Turbo replacement????

molch

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 26d

Hey Guys,

So this weekend my turbo has completely shat itself. Started making all sort of howling, and whistling noise and it just rattling badly.. I think I have been pretty unlucky with this one as its only done 69k kms but is run at 18psi daily and had decent power.

Anyway onto the replacement, Ive been researching and have come up with the GTX3584R by MAMBA as a good replacement as it passes the price tickbox. I want to go bigger power and want something around low to mid 400's on pump 98. I also don't want to loose too much down low so I am hoping the spool is not too much worse then the standard GT 3576.

Any advice guys? Really want to try and keep this replacement + tune under 2k if I can.

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Yeah I've used mambas gear alot and I rate it highly, that's a t04z coldside so you will loose some spool but is a 500kw e85 turbo.

Have you replaced the factory oil line?

• Donating Members
37 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Have you replaced the factory oil line?

Yeah the factory oil line was replaced when it went in for all the work 20k. 

what would spool up quicker: The mamba gtx 3584 or gtx3582r?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MAMBA-Ball-Bearing-Billet-Turbo4-GTX3582R-GT3582R-w-A-R-82-T3-V-Band-/282059838589?hash=item41ac13947d:g:gt8AAOSwuhhXVTcx

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control

Theoretically the 82mm wheel should spool quicker than the 84mm wheel but the 84mm could flow more and price point not much comes close.  

• Like 1

• Donating Members

So the 3584 has a 3" inlet where as the 382 has a 4". What does this mean to performance and spool time?

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control

What dan said

That turbo is what most call a stage 3 high flow and still bolts on, however I believe you can PM him and they will do it in a .7 cover with a 4 inch inlet for all the horny turbo spool goodness

stage 33 66mm wheel can go in a modded 3" housing or go for a .7 4" 66mm is 5mm oversize and is good for 500wkw if you want to rebuilt a standard turbo otherwise kinugawa/mamba are great value for money but might cost a little more in the end with mods to exhaust etc if you go a full turbo..

both good options