G6E Turbo replacement????

molch

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 26d

They didn't  know why but it's obvious to me now. Turbo is too big for the wastegate flow and hole. 

Reason it's worked for others is asmaller exhaust/dump/cat creates back pressure on the turbo wheel and this builds pressure in the entire system. This back pressure from the exhaust helps the wastegate open and gas takes the path of least resistance out he wastegate hole.

My exhaust system doesn't have this same back pressure and due to poor wastegate port design the path of least resistance is out of the turbine. 

There is is some examples of guys with boost creep on this forum and it generally comes down to high flowing exhaust and crap internal gates. I found heaps of examples of Honda guys in the states having similar issues with Chinese turbos (poor flow and port designs) which is why there are so many tutorials of people porting out smaller turbos. This problem usually starts for them when getting a big dump and high flow cat! 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 26d
1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Hope it's all working now for you mate!

Got through most of it. Finished the valve springs and ported the mamba turbo housing some more. Still gotta get the rocker cover and turbo back on. Can't do any more work on it until Monday so early next week I am hoping to be starting it up and seeing how its going. 

Touch up tune maybe around mid week maybe pending tuner availability. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Holy links batman!!!

I used this calculator a while back when I was deciding what compressor wheel I should use.

It takes a bit of time to set it up so it's accurate but I set it up roughly to give people an idea of what it does.

Obviously compressor maps will need to be obtained from other sources to give clearer results as these are all bw maps.

The results I got from this calculator are what helped me decide to use a genuine gtx35r compressor wheel rather than the t04z wheel, which I thought may be very close to being uncontrollable in the ford turbine housing.

Tl;dr It's a turbo majigy calculator

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Oops I meant with the ford turbine housing, not in. Hur dur :wtcslap: 

Also thanks to the mods who cleaned it up. I forgot about that thingy :whistle: 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah I figured I'd set the page up with the parameters in, as it is a pita to work out how to setup without being familiar with some of the variables and wheel sizes etc.