G6E Turbo replacement????

molch

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

Haha have a look at their eBay page, the complete turbo with rear housing and actuator is cheaper than the GTX3584 without a rear housing.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d
21 hours ago, MattyP said:

Nice man 

I'd send that mamba ex housing back for sure and be asking for some sort of refund 

Hey, he should be hitting you up for the refund. You gave the bad advice talking up this unproven turbo combo for the barra....

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

I said my experience was good. And I stand by that 100% 

its a shame that it didn't work out for him and should be going for reimbursement for sure 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d

My post is badly worded. No doubt you had good intentions.

But Jeez, over the past 10 years you just keep seeing people trying to take the cheap option and end up paying more. There are so many off the shelf proven turbo combos these days.

If you want cheap, consider brexit. The pound has devalued so much I have been getting cheap stuff sent over by friends in the uk. 

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 26d

All is good. I went in knowing it was a bit of a gamble for me and also feel the mamba compressor housing and chra are good, solid units. 

I am still pretty pumped about how it's all coming together. I'm still expecting atleast 400 rwkw on 98 and the turbo comes

on boost really hard, it's just every decision now is harder and slower due to wasted cash. 

I'm just documenting everything so the next person can atleast have some more information and opinions if they decide to go down a similar path, after all that's what these forums are about.

• Like 5

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 26d

yeah Mamba actually emailed me tonight offering a partial refund for the exhaust housing. I was surprised but told him that would be awesome and I really appreciate it. This gives them a 1 up for customer service in my book.