Harsh Shifting while Cold

A1RFC1

• Member For: 20y 11m 26d
2 hours ago, A1RFC1 said:

I'll see if any reputable tuners can 'tune' it out. 

Goodluck, I've seen two pro ZF tunes that just bang 1>2 2>3 when they could have easily softened the shifts but didn't. The only reason no banging 3>4 onwards is not cause of good tuning either, they just don't seem to bang into gear for the 3>4 onwards shifts even though similar tuning numbers used.

Alot of "pro" tuners from what I see don't understand the word "drivability". They think that hard shifting trans tunes along with FGs that stall is OK.

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Luke is the hook up man, hooked me up many times. I've gone through like 60 litres

its been syn ts for ages

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 1d

I have been searching high & low for the GW stuff, called Autobarn, Bursons, Super Cheap & Auto 1. Haven't had any luck whatsoever, they said it has been discontinued and/or they don't stock it? Any other places in Melbourne, otherwise I might stick with the Transmax Z stuff. 

By the way, the more I'm getting used to the ZF the more I'm understanding how it reacts to different throttles & such, one thing I've noticed is it sort of 'lurks' for gears under 40-60% throttle, sometimes giving off the impression its a minor slip for a split second & then will grab gear. Will not do it under WOT or light throttle. Is this normal?

Edited by A1RFC1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

The name changed from syn trans to syn ts. They are probably looking for syn trans. 

The gulf Western website will have a list of distributors in Melbourne. I get mine directly from the WA dist. 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 1d

Ended up calling the GW head office in Melbourne, going to buy straight from them. $145 for 20 litres seems rather good compared to the price Ford want for there liquid gold...bit of a joke when you compare other products such as GW or Transmax Z that are supposedly better. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 7y 7m 5d

As a recent convert to XR6 Turbos ( formerly ran XR8s until a  highway patrol friend raved on about how good the Turbos were. He said they all call them seagulls - because they sh*t on everything else!! ) I tripped over this topic and couldn't help but comment. You hear rumours that Gulf Western oils are cheap so they must be low quality, which is far from the truth. Because GW is 100% Australian owned, we don't need to build in $millions in licence fees and royalties to be paid to an overseas parent company - because we don't have one, unlike the multi nationals. We also work on fairly skinny margins because we have got significant growth objectives and we don't want to handicap this by getting greedy. We have grown over 1200% in the last 10 years and have recently put big money into a new state of the art blending plant in order to handle our growth. Yes Syn TS ( formerly called Syntrans ) holds approval for use in the ZF 6 speed in the Falcon and Territory, with full warranty backing,  and we are getting a great following from Ford enthusiast for both this product and our Synex 3000 semi synthetic and Synex 6000 full synthetic engine oils. Our prices are not too low - the others are too dear!  If you need more information look at www.gulfwestern.com.au  , phone 1800 248 919 or drop me a line on this forum if you have any technical questions.

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

This little piggy went, we we we , all the way home to gulf western. 

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1