My journey to a empty bank acc and a divorce lol

BAXRTUTE

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 11m 29d

So thought it was time to write up my new addiction! 

The 3 of April 2016 I brought a 04 xr6 t ute 4sp auto as a cheap daily work ute,

Car was completely stock and in great condition and paid $6900 for it.

By the 4th I was already looking into mods and decided to give it a little upgrade.

First mods and service was booked in to a local tuner for the 8th.

Work done,

Fuel filter, k&n air filter, 460 pump, spark plugs, 42lb injectors, Fg front brakes,

Dba slotted 322 rotors, bendix pads,  full auto service, diff flush, 2.5inch duel zorst and HP tune,

6k in the bin 

Got 330hp 500ft pound of torque @ 12psi

On the 15th I had Atomic valve springs fitted and a new tune, $1500 and got 324hp 690ft pound of torgue.

Not happy with this result and boring drive I started on here searching for how to get this ute to life.

On the 28 of April I put the car back in to the tuner to see if anything was wrong as I had a miss,

I had filthy fuel rails which stuffed everything. 

Had a new set of rails fitted a new set of injectors again only 42s I dont know why but.... and another 460 pump. $2500 later it was tuned back to only 327hp and 690ft pound :wild:

Again banging my head I kept searching on the need to get it going.

Although the car was now driving smooth and much more response it was still boring lol.

On the 12th of May I had it back at the tuners after splitting a hose and sending it on a tow truck.

This round of mods got expensive, 

Weld turbo housing, trans cooler, 12psi actuator, 4 inch dump, 5 inch cat, 36mm waste gate mod, repair helicoil, flange and mod the zorst, plaz 1000hp cooler.

8k later I had 364hp and 820ft pound of torgue,

But maxed the 42s, so told the tuner to put bigger in as I want to do E85 later on, I went to work and told them ill be back to pick it up later!

He fitted 62s.... grrr I was seriously pissed off here as I got another $1100 bill for the injectors and another tune,

This was when I got the Himalaya graph!!! 375hp 854ft pound 

Due to the graph and the car now stalling every time I stopped I was not happy at all.

After a few guys on here advised me to take it to a new tuner... I booked in to CMS for the 2nd of June,

$1500 later and my car on the dyno all day being sorted out, I got 296kwrw and 1080nm with the 62s maxed

Car felt strong for about 20 minutes then I hit a new problem.

First  thought was intake starving the turbo, had that fix by a machenic in newy with new turbo oil line, drive belt, fan belt, idler pully, upper drive belt pulley  $600 later

That problem hasnt gone so did my coils, still been giving me headaches.

Now with the poo's 

Im going all out

The big coin starts here..

Full fg drive line upgrade with tr6060 npc twin plate clutch

Billet tail shaft 

Atomic 698 short with all the whips and chains lol

5 link rear with koni fronts

6 pots in the front with fg f6 rears

Nizpro plenum

Nizpro battery relo and intake box.

Hoping to have it all done within the next few months and pushing the turbo to its limits as I let the block settle in to its new life.

Then turbo upgrade when I choose to lol.

Theres probably plenty more to write but cant be funked lol.

Any input is welcome and thanks heaps to all that have been helping me to date, Mattyp your a champion and have been fantastic with helping me. Jets also been great with his backward riddles of information to guide me :pandalol:

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 11m 29d
26 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Billet tail shaft?

Im not sure if its Billet mate, just getting a upgraded tail shaft to take the power.

Between reading and typing I stuffed up lol.

Its meant to say built tail shaft lol. Just read over again haha.. kiefy can u fix that up?

Edited by BAXRTUTE

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 19d

I can't believe you've spent ~$27500 including car purchase!

I feel like you are doing the right thing by planning this as you should endup saving some money.

One thing I like about JET is if you were in SA and took your car to him I feel he wouldn't install parts that would compromise his reputation in order to make more money (I.e his opinion on dekas)

Edited by johnxr6t
  • Like 3