Fg f6 Cylinder 3 misfire?

It's just me

• Member For: 7y 8m 27d

Car is running really rough misfiring "popping" out exhaust on idle (similar to leads arcing) motor badly shuddering under acceleration then runs fine then coughs and splutters, then engine light flashes, engine light stays on, turns off , car runs ok, then starts playing up again, ok so far a service had all coils replaced and new spark plugs .default code said cylinder 3 misfire .............help please , 2012 95,000km .......

Edited by It's just me
Mistake

Thank u k31 , I'm hearing a consistent click noise every 10 seconds underneath the car on idle near cat almost the same as the click on some cars when the air con comes on ,on some cars........ 

Funny enough this all happened after driving on a dirt road the other day......... Coincidence I'm not sure 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

a click near the cat could just be a collapsed cat... but could be a tick from further up the exhaust... is the tick coming from near the turbo itself? if it is, it's a head-manifold gasket or a turbo to dump gasket.

I doubt it's related to driving on a dirt road unless you were using it to smash the limiter (which can cause timing chain/guide issues).

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

where are you located?

going to the right place is probably a better alternative than returning to the place that forced you to ask on here in the first place.

Queensland , Sunshine Coast , mods were done at real dyno in Brisbane , been taking it to my local mechanic though, so far only thing come up on the scan tool is misfire on cylinder 3 on startup , and a p1000 code something about going thru a cycle?