It's just me

Fg f6 Cylinder 3 misfire?

Car is running really rough misfiring "popping" out exhaust on idle (similar to leads arcing) motor badly shuddering under acceleration then runs fine then coughs and splutters, then engine light flashes, engine light stays on, turns off , car runs ok, then starts playing up again, ok so far a service had all coils replaced and new spark plugs .default code said cylinder 3 misfire .............help please , 2012 95,000km .......

Edited by It's just me
Mistake

Thank u k31 , I'm hearing a consistent click noise every 10 seconds underneath the car on idle near cat almost the same as the click on some cars when the air con comes on ,on some cars........ 

Funny enough this all happened after driving on a dirt road the other day......... Coincidence I'm not sure 

a click near the cat could just be a collapsed cat... but could be a tick from further up the exhaust... is the tick coming from near the turbo itself? if it is, it's a head-manifold gasket or a turbo to dump gasket.

I doubt it's related to driving on a dirt road unless you were using it to smash the limiter (which can cause timing chain/guide issues).

Ok that gives me something to work with, I'm also getting some knocking ( clunking) coming from under the car drivers side under load , hard enough to feel it thru the accelerator.......

where are you located?

going to the right place is probably a better alternative than returning to the place that forced you to ask on here in the first place.

Queensland , Sunshine Coast , mods were done at real dyno in Brisbane , been taking it to my local mechanic though, so far only thing come up on the scan tool is misfire on cylinder 3 on startup , and a p1000 code something about going thru a cycle? 

That's cylinder 3 misfire. Just to eliminate the possibility, I'd swap cylinder 3's coil and plug with another cylinder just to make sure there's not a fault with the new stuff. If the fault remains and follows the cylinder you moved that coil and plug to then that's your issue. Costs nothing to try.

I only say that because I had a similar issue with my BA. My mechanic used cheap coils and so the problem remained.

Barras are coil on top of plug so whip the coil cover off and you will realise how easy it is. There is no mistaking which one is for what cylinder

After taking coil cover off I see the mechanic has only replaced the front 3 coils and not the back 3 ?He has  Used aftermarket? VDO crap........ I could only get my hands on 1 engine coil today no one had them in stock........ 

Thanx everyone for your help , The ticking sound happens even when the engines off but ignition left on........ Will get 6 new coils on Monday and install see what happens, all failing that I will take it to real dyno in kipparing ..........

Hi mate.

Im having the same problem with my car and have replaced all coils purchased from intune. Any more info of how you resloved this problem would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks