Pump Gears

SipposBFT

• Member For: 7y 8m 14d
On 04/07/2016 at 5:46 PM, Ezy2Confuze said:

...That price looks uber cheap...

Tourqueline garage has atomic and TLG pumps and timing chain sets from atomic $2000 should get you a full atomic pump and H/D atomic chain, guides and tensioner includes billet crank sprocket

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

What's TLG quality like?

No cheaper than Atomic for complete pump - that $1000 price is if you supply your own original pump "...in good condition"

Atomic does the same thing for $990 and is proven

Edited by camo86T
wrong word

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 2m 27d

Just do it!

Price is not to even become a factor in the decision....

I was told that my motor was fitted with a set.....

It wasn't, and now I'm looking into the costs of a full rebuild, because of someones lies (while selling me the car)??

I would have fitted them myself if I knew they weren't "actually" fitted.

If an engine can't breath, it chokes.... If an engine can't lube it dies, very quickly. 

Not a risk worth taking, trust me.

oil_pump_gears.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 6d

I have decided I should upgrade the factory oil pump gear full assembly to "insure" my FG Xr6t engine. It has the usual required mods and has been tuned to 375rwkw on 98@14psi.

It is an auto with 87k klms and I did speak to 3 speed shops in Cairns today about it and have a bit of conflicting info about whether the engine needs to come out or not.

1st shop in Cairns which also has a shop in Townsville, said they've done hundreds and do all pump mods inhouse, gears, porting, relief valve etc, said motor pretty much had to come out, couldn't really give a price cause you never know what you'll find in there maybe due to mods etc. Made me feel a bit uneasy, but then again this is new to me.

2nd shop do more GM work and weren't too sure, but did to their credit called Nizpro who agreed the motor should come out. I did give him the info about auto /power, which I assume he passed on and Nizpro said it prolly doesn't need doing. I also mentioned that I was not the burnout type but the tyres on a ute mostly cannot hold the power and the thing free wheels to 6250rpm or whatever in 1st and 2nd and maybe 3rd often before the traction control kicks in. (yeah still got the training wheels on) Maybe I could just learn to drive it!

3rd shop which was recommended by the diesel mechanic at my work who said they have done a quite a few without removing the motor for about 8 hours labour, I supply the pump, various gaskets and whatever else I want to bring along.

So any thoughts from the Fordxr6turbo brains trust are very welcome.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

it can be done without removing the engine from the car, but it's a tricky endeavour which can lead to being required to remove the motor if you can't get it done that way. go with the diesel mechanic, based on what you've said there.