Pump Gears

SipposBFT

• Member For: 14y 7m 7d

Am hearing & understand all yr theories... But yes... If the backing plate isn't worn.. There won't b any pressure bypass through the plate... And assuming relief valve mod just holds more pressure inside Ye engine through harder Spring... Anyone change Spring themselves? 

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

I'm trying to make a decision on pump gears also

So far it seems to make sense to spend a bit extra on the complete atomic pump changeover option @ $990, which already has billet end plate and reliefs

Also cheaper for tuner to install the whole unit as the old one doesn't need to be stripped down

Plus no need to worry about the condition of your existing housing

Edited by camo86T
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

The pressure relief mods are to increase bypass at high revs to keep pressure under control and reduce the chance of splitting the housing.

So if I am not planning to increase revs past current limiter (not sure if 450ish rwkw is possible) there's no need 4 this? 

Am being serious masdang!!! ??.  Wel knowledge is King & another convo with John ... Says they've done numerous xrs with 500+ rw without plate changes which r still going  ok... As the only concern with these pumps are the sintered gears disintegration... It should b fine 

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Dude its your engine and cash, do what you like. I dont take chances , whole atomic assembly  is only a grand.

• Like 3