Pump Gears

SipposBFT

• Member For: 14y 5m 12d
1 hour ago, masda74 said:

that is just bullsh*t preferential treatment!!!!!!!

Go DUCK a f*ck

How long are you going to be bashing the limiter though?

Never thought of you as a person that would bash the limiter while smoking the tires in the G6E?????

Well I bought it supposedly tuned but only for 380HP (roughly 270Kw right?) so I'm bound to get bored with that.

It was sold as having ID1000's, ghetto airbox upgrade - I checked when cleaning the K&N out a few weeks back and there's a decent sized hole in the bottom corner of the stock airbox - plus replacement thermostat and X-Cal 3, tuned by Simon from XFT.  So I at least have the basic upgrades.

I've been looking at exhaust, turbo and intercooler for about a year now, my preferences would be Jonny Tig for the IC and either GTX3582r or after talking to yourself on Friday, maybe even just the GTX3576r but my preference would be to bullet proof the engine a bit first with oil gear's, springs, timing chain and guide.

Mainly because I will be broke after the turbo, IC, associated add-on's for it all and tune, for quite a while.  So I won't be able to afford springs going or timing chain, being a lowly Help Desk person :pandalol:

That price looks uber cheap.

I did some basic looking around on the Atomic site before - looks like their price list is from 2014 - and hopefully these are the parts I need:

P/N:                             Description:                                                                             Price:

306750                         Billet oil pump gears suit Ford 4.0L Twin cam Barra e                  $594.00

306751-RB                    Race Series Oil pump to suit Ford 4.0L 6 cyl Barra DO                  $990.00

There were about 4 pumps, one for an AU, this one and one without -RB, which from what I can gather just doesn't have the Atomic

logo or whatever on it.

These part's I'm really not sure about but they were the only descriptions that matched what I thought I would need.

306620                          H/Duty Simplex Roller timing chain to suit Ford DOHC                  $189.00

306563                          Heavy duty timing chain tensioner suit Ford DOHC 6 c                  $176.00

Feel free to correct me, as I really wouldn't mind getting a rough idea what things might cost.

Here's the link to the price list http://www.atomicperformanceproducts.com/price_list.html

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

well, I may have been thinking of oil pickups and the way the gears hook to the pump... but I'm happy to be wrong :)

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

If your going to spend all that money on installing billet gears may as well throw in a hardened backing plate and get the housing galleries as well as relief valve modified

Being a manual and my driving style , I tell to hit the limiter quite regular. 

Its  an easy job with an engine rebuild, but just pump when engine is in car is a big job. 

Atomic and Nizpro do the fully modified assemblies. 

• Like 1