SCT xcal3 or 4? Advice needed

NathanB

• Member For: 9y 9m 21d

I was waiting for him to get sued. I wonder if SCT finally took him to court. Anyone know his real name?

Edited by rollex

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

I can't even update my xcal3 from my laptop so I can use the logging feature. It requires a licensed holder due to my older version.... Local shops want $250 just to update the fckrr which is free normally!
I don't use it as I have PCMTEC but want some form of logging without stabbing in the dark or imitating beaker off the muppets.....

• 8 months later...
  • Member For: 4y 2m 27d
On 29/04/2019 at 8:57 AM, rollex said:

I was waiting for him to get sued. I wonder if SCT finally took him to court. Anyone know his real name?

FYI for everyone in regard to Rolan Harrison (rollex) and the PCMTEC software, I would have thought it would be common knowledge by now that the PCMTEC software was developed from the source code of a hacked version of SCT Advantage III, so if I were you Roland I wouldn't go around bagging others... I have no relation to anyone here but have some inside info... whatever anyone responds, I don't care and good luck to you, I know what is true and you can believe it or not...

For anyone who doubts the hard work you can read in detail the full development blog here. 

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4940

The source code for the early versions was available on github for 2 years so anyone could download it and contribute. 

Edited by rollex
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Also to add to the above. We have ~6000 parameters mapped for the Falcons. SCT only have 3k and HPT 1.5k. We also support oddball varieties such as the BTR 4 speed FG Taxi, Ecolpi and the late model 2016 FGX which no one else supports. We generated these definitions ourselves using our own disassembler and pattern matcher we wrote. If the defs were simply hacked/stolen, we would only support the same number or a subset, not more.

Then we have our custom operating system which includes flex fuel and multiple tunes, no one else offers anything remotely similar for these vehicles. It is pretty offensive to call us out when what we offer has gone so far above and beyond what already exists.

Perhaps the rumour started as our tree structure/layout looks similar to SCT. This is not by accident, it is as the majority of our customers have come from SCT and requested a similar layout to make their job easier.

Anyway happy new year everyone and good luck tuning this year!

Edited by rollex
  • Like 4