ENGINE BUILD

SipposBFT

• Member For: 14y 7m 7d

Looks like F6 has stronger rods , but block is same... Still think spool or alike wud b the way to go ... Yeah tuners in syd are hit & miss from my experience... Seen sum guys get great results & then sum hav engine failures from the same stable... Gonna really research that area 

image.jpg

AND... I'm really getting annoyed with this friggin turbo-exhaust flange bolts which keep coming loose!!!! Tunehouse changed bolts to studs (with a gasket )but even they come loose & 1 has even fallen out !! .. don't want to change to a top mount manifold... Can I run an FG? 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

You can use either stage8 fasteners or nordloc washers with new studs and they will stay on. No need to change the manifold type just to keep bolts in place.

See here for the items:

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/44361-the-off-topic-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1557918

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Nordloc's are the way to go, and don't be tempted to overtighten the studs as they will only strech once hot.

If you want to fit a set of nordlocs let me know, My supplier will sell them indivually at excellent pricing.

• Like 2

Thankyou ralf... I will let you know 4 sure... But was under the impression FGs don't suffer from this... My mate worked @ peter warrens & said FGs didn't seem to suffer... Even tony from Tunehouse had the same opinion ... Let's hope this wks