Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 28d

that's right marco, or else they run at full speed which sucks if its not a quiet fan that spins at low rpm.

Also I mentioned it before probably but if you figure out the amp rating of the motherboard terminals you can actually attach multiple fans to the one terminal after doing a few snips and joins. because if you don't exceed the amp rating you are all fine. I have three fans running off one header and two off the other. I use the rpm signal wire from one fan only. 

you get adaptors to adapt from the three pin fan plug/etc to a standard molex connector that will connect to PSU if you don't want to hook em up off the motherboard.  its muuuuuch nicer having control of your fans though!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 3d

If you've got dodgy power or you don't like the idea of your nice PC getting corrupted by a sudden power outage, get a UPS to plug your PSU into.  A-OK!

A decent one will condition the power nicely for you and assist in general stability, especially when OCing.

If you don't leave the PC on when you aren't around, you can just get one that lasts a few minutes, like a 650VA unit.

I run the PC, my TV (monitor) and hifi set off of it, and just switch off ASAP if the power drops.  Handy also for those quick brownouts...can keep on gaming (possibly get your modem on one too).

Windows 7 and above often don't need the silly software installed either - just USB cable from UPS to PC and set up the in built battery support auto shut off settings in control panel > power options etc

• Like 2

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

yer I have connected all the new fans to the mobo and I havent got any system fan spots left. and I bought 4 fans. :/ 

my pc has no molex connections anywhere either.

atm the fans are on high set up from the bios like that. a bit noisy doesnt bother me though. 

looks like I should get a fan controller unit thingo. what are some good ones these days? as I might get a 5th fan.

how she looks now

16326615_10211152758962424_1100452805_o.jpg

16358035_10211152758802420_128899174_o.jpg

the 2 big 140mm fans up front suck in shyt loads of air now the whole case temp has tropped heaps. very happy. 

and the 2 120mm fans are the exhaust. 

Edited by Ford Freak
  • Like 2

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d
13 hours ago, Ford Freak said:

looks like I should get a fan controller unit thingo. what are some good ones these days? as I might get a 5th fan.

have a look here @Ford Freak    https://www.pccasegear.com/category/9_511/fans-accessories/fan-controllers

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 2d
On 27/01/2017 at 10:22 PM, Ford Freak said:

my pc has no molex connections anywhere either.

Use these to add more.

pwrsplit4p.jpg 

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 28d

QBzHXbt.jpg

snip n join mate, see how ive used automotive crimp terminals here?

that's what im on about with the motherboards being good enough to support multiple fans as long as they dont draw more amps than the board can deliver and I only hook up one speed sensor wire.

edit: to answer your question, you'll need one of the leads that came with your PSU that plugs into the PSU and becomes a molex plug. otherwise it's definitely a snip and join job. otherwise see how my molex fan connector is kinda like the one above but has wiring for the fan coming out of it? it allows you to run it in line to something else.

see there to the left where that molex plug is?  one fan is running at full speed as it is a low rpm and low noise radiator fan. the other wiring does the two 140mm fans at the front of the case off of a single motherboard header and sends the speed signal back to motherboard off one of them. the rear 140 and one of the radiator fans is off the motherboards other header which I have the joins tucked away where you can't see them.

ive built quite a few systems like this and not had a single problem, obviously I tie the cables down much neater when its something that I deliver to somebody.

also that EVGA PSU is a piece of crap. uses a non standard size fan that was a full on screamer as well, hence the cable tie. the thing doesn't run hot at all.

edit2: the iphone 7+ camera is the biggest piece of crap ive ever used. gotta take this one in to get it replaced!

Edited by skidxr6t
  • Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

yer im not that confident to cut wires n sh*t hah

but heres my dilema

to use a fan controller they need power from a 4 pin molex, yet I dont have any. so wtf this is sh*t. 

is there such a thing that will go into the power supply that converts to a molex? like some sort of adapter??? picture of my power supply a few posts up.