40 minutes ago, Admin (as if) said:

here I am with a gtx 960

I'll sell you my GTX 1080 if you want

never overclocked  :riot:

only used on Mondays to check emails :hammerhead:

and never been run over 30° C   :crazy:

special price just for you :whip:

21 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Holy crap they've dropped by $500 in the past few days! Still not gonna buy one lol.

at least 2 people couldn't wait for a 3000 series  :gaming:

vDoV4bJ.png

8ddGaSO.png

On 09/09/2020 at 7:10 PM, bloodycrashboy said:

I'll sell you my GTX 1080 if you want

never overclocked  :riot:

only used on Mondays to check emails :hammerhead:

and never been run over 30° C   :crazy:

special price just for you :whip:

seems legit 

On 04/09/2020 at 9:04 PM, Puffwagon said:

we only get AIB cards which will range from $100 more, to $1000+ more for the full on ball tearers.

not as cheap as I had hoped for but still way cheaper than the 2080 ti before these cards came along

considering I paid $1250 dollars for a GTX 690 in 2012 which had a massive 4 GB of memory, these prices are bloody awesome  

u4vs3PN.png

testing real world game scenarios @ 4K and easily smashing all titles heaps more than the 2080 ti !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (except metro exodus DLSS)

27tAO9t.png

Edited by bloodycrashboy

You can enter a raffle on Mwave to buy a founders edition card for the original msrp. Today is the last day to enter and if picked you have 24 hours to buy it.

Me :mrburns:

My 1080ti runs 2050MHz all day every day, sitting at mid to high 60's and loves it. Speaking of ti, I'm gonna wait for 6 months or whatever to see if a 3080ti is released. Apparently there is room in the performance and pricing structures.

Another reason I'm happy to wait is that I'm gaming at 1440p/144Hz and nearly everything I play is over 100fps/max settings. There's no lack of performance right now so no need to upgrade yet.

20 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

I'm gaming at 1440p/144Hz and nearly everything I play is over 100fps/max settings. There's no lack of performance right now so no need to upgrade yet.

my GTX 1080 is already maxed out at 100% in the games I play @ 1440p/144Hz (144 FPS in Project Cars 2) with the card running OC'd @ 1936 MHz (default clock is 1633 MHz) and runs at a max of around 50°C  

that's with most settings on ultra (not Micro Flight Sim cos GPU killa) 

I want a GPU that will run all settings on ultra (@1440p/144Hz) with room to move (not running at 100% all the time) and theoretically it will run cooler and therefore last longer

not that my 1080 runs hot (cos water cooled)

for me an upgrade to a 3080 would be a massive jump in performance 

A gpu should always be running at 100% unless it is CPU bottlenecked or frame rate limited. If one of these factors aren't in play, it indicates a potential issue.

There is nothing on the market yet that will run every game at a minimum of 144Hz with max settings on 1440p, as there are a few outliers such as rdr2, Microsoft flight simulator, Crysis, BeamNG.drive etc.

All that bizzo aside you're farken spot on that a 3080 will be a good upgrade. Hell a 1080ti would be a good upgrade :laughing:

At 1440p you shouldn't need to upgrade a 3080 for at least 5 years. By then 4k 144Hz will be affordable and there will be a whole new round of upgrades to discuss!

2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

A gpu should always be running at 100% unless it is CPU bottlenecked or frame rate limited.

not true

turn settings ingame from ultra to high and GPU will run at 70-80%

some games even run 80-90% with everything on ultra

Edited by bloodycrashboy

Well I caved. Have ordered myself a eVGA 3080. Unsure when the stocks are going to get in so may be a while before I get my hands on it anyway.

Got wayy too caught up in the livestream hype.. should be a nice upgrade to my 1070 and last until I build again

Yeah, I Did read that the price per performance was sh#t compared to the 3080

Am waiting for the 3080 super or To to come out

AMD have their launch scheduled for mid-late october (forget the date). I can imagine Nvidia are saving the TI versions to stomp out that release if they come close!

At the end of the day probably only need 10GB for the time being. By the time a nice 4k display is affordable their will definitely be newer cards