Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

It was the key bindings.

Now I'm too pissed off to be objective about it and the first half a lap that actually worked seemed like garbage.

I'll take a break and get back to it...

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 28d

Certain cars and tracks are pretty good in that game.

A gt3 car on soft tyres feels good for example.

Some tracks like bathurst which arent laser scanned definitely feel and look weird

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Ok I got it sorted.

The game had loaded up with something else as the accelerator pedal so every time I went to race it just stopped.

It also had loaded up with all of the settings on low which is why it looked like a wrinkled ball sack.

Now I have the settings cranked to maximum except I've got the anti aliasing turned down 1 notch. It's running about 90fps @ 1440p.

It drives better/more realistically than Assetto Corsa and the graphics are miles better.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Weird man.

I started to get exception access violations so I deleted a file to fix it.

Now it is using about a gig less gpu memory and picked up about 30 fps.

Farken computers ay?!

• Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 24d

Nvidia Shield  just arrived and having a bit of "fun" setting it all up (basically an android streaming box)

Chose this one over a cheaper box (or the Apple TV) as it also has the power/ability to stream games from the more powerful PC's (can run games off a powerful PC on the lounge PC - Nvidia or Steam game streaming), can run it as a media server for the house and has the power for anything that'll be coming out (realistically available) in the near future (4k, HDR, Dolby Atmos etc).

Need to grab a decent size USB drive to chuck all my media onto and feed that to the new box (everything's currently on random folders on random computers throughout the home) - this box setup as a plex server should solve all that

Wish I could remember what I did to protect my "important" PC from everything else - am trying to setup the new box to be able to stream from it, but I've locked it down to the point that it's invisible (not a bad thing)

So far so good - little fella is sitting on the couch at the moment having a play of some of the steam library that I've got on the lappy.

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

^I'm finding myself easily able to justify many of my purchases to myself now that I'm single. Doesn't exactly do wonders for my savings account or mortgage...but my house is starting to look pretty nice :)

New pedals (Thrustmaster TH3PA Pro) for my racing sim setup turned up Monday, so they're sitting in the box waiting for me to set them up when I get home next week. @Rab what's the main differences/advantages etc of having the pedals in F1 vs GT configuration?