Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Yeah it went all wonky yesterday when I posted my last comment. I thought I broke it and stayed off the forum till today.

My bad.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

yeah, it was just me messing around with layout to get it how I wanted. It's basically all done, just need to go over my changes on a differential basis either tonight or later.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I take it that there is no way to compress the image at the top? At work with a 34" screen, that top image kinda stands out like a sore thumb. Maybe allow each profile to have two views which allows user to have compressed header or normal header.

Just a thought.

On another note.....

image.png.af2b40b4f2835b9d7acd7e1939157b8e.png

Dang it, they are not up to speed. I need that block ASAP.

Edited by masda74

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

yeah, the header image has needed work for a long time to include all of the vehicles that are relevant to this forum, but I just never remember to do it haha, and yeah, the image itself is fairly tall for a header image but has been that way since early 2016, so it's interesting you're pointing it out now haha

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

I think it's because the menu is now centered vertically over the logo - previously it was top justified?? - the menu bar (notifications, messages, user etc) ended up in a light background part of the picture and was easy to read? Now it ends up over the blue car and hides in the background?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

yeah, it used to hover above the main board weirdly (as per the image in this post) so I moved it in this update due to the update making it look even worse (didn't take a screenshot of the worse situation, just worked around it), which makes the "header" seem bigger when it just had a menu on top of it previously haha. I'll re-work the image sooner rather than later.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

PC finalised a few hours ago.

Gave me a headache - wouldn't post, beep or anything, all fans and lights etc were working.

Took me far too long to work out I needed to do a firmware update - had to strip it back to the bare board (only power, no ram, cpu, gpu etc) to do the update as it wouldn't even get to bios with the unsupported CPU

No pics yet - cable management wasn't considered when I put it back together after pulling it apart to flash 😞

Will need to reseat the cooler - running warm at the moment

• Sad 1