Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d
20 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

I'm gaming at 1440p/144Hz and nearly everything I play is over 100fps/max settings. There's no lack of performance right now so no need to upgrade yet.

my GTX 1080 is already maxed out at 100% in the games I play @ 1440p/144Hz (144 FPS in Project Cars 2) with the card running OC'd @ 1936 MHz (default clock is 1633 MHz) and runs at a max of around 50°C  

that's with most settings on ultra (not Micro Flight Sim cos GPU killa) 

I want a GPU that will run all settings on ultra (@1440p/144Hz) with room to move (not running at 100% all the time) and theoretically it will run cooler and therefore last longer

not that my 1080 runs hot (cos water cooled)

for me an upgrade to a 3080 would be a massive jump in performance 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

A gpu should always be running at 100% unless it is CPU bottlenecked or frame rate limited. If one of these factors aren't in play, it indicates a potential issue.

There is nothing on the market yet that will run every game at a minimum of 144Hz with max settings on 1440p, as there are a few outliers such as rdr2, Microsoft flight simulator, Crysis, BeamNG.drive etc.

All that bizzo aside you're farken spot on that a 3080 will be a good upgrade. Hell a 1080ti would be a good upgrade :laughing:

At 1440p you shouldn't need to upgrade a 3080 for at least 5 years. By then 4k 144Hz will be affordable and there will be a whole new round of upgrades to discuss!

• Like 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d
2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

A gpu should always be running at 100% unless it is CPU bottlenecked or frame rate limited.

not true

turn settings ingame from ultra to high and GPU will run at 70-80%

some games even run 80-90% with everything on ultra

Edited by bloodycrashboy

• Member For: 8y 26d

Well I caved. Have ordered myself a eVGA 3080. Unsure when the stocks are going to get in so may be a while before I get my hands on it anyway.

Got wayy too caught up in the livestream hype.. should be a nice upgrade to my 1070 and last until I build again

• Like 1