Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I'll give ya some tips mate. You'll catch up in no time :)

Try to keep the tyre temps down as it makes a difference to grip in the last sector. 

Keep your average speed up. Boost more at lower speeds and don't let the car go faster than about 350 to 360kph.

The diff is fairly open so try not to spin the tyres if you can help it. 

Tap the boost button sometimes rather than hold it down up the hill.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Coming onto the start finish straight you wanna hold the boost the whole way, until you brake from 5th to 2nd.

You only wanna hold the boost down along the next straight until you hit 350 then get off it with about 40 to 50% left.

Take the right turn nearly flat out in 3rd and tap tap tap the boost button to help it turn in and then hold the boost in 3rd and 4th and a tiny bit of 5th. You have to hit this turn perfectly to make the most of the camber and make sure you run a bit wide so it hooks up in 3rd when you hit the boost.

Take the next 2 left turns as one giant corner, braking just before the mark on the right line and make sure you lock up your front left tyre slightly so you can get it to understeer into the hairpin.

Straight from brake to power with no coasting, take first gear through the hairpin and into second and try to get the car straight to get it to hook up. As it does, just tap tap tap the boost so it doesn't bog, into 3rd turning right, still tapping the boost and when you're aiming just before the shadow hold the boost in 3rd.

There's the first sector, minus the first turn before the start/finish line. You gotta balance the car on full throttle a lot of the time so that will come with practise. You'll make more time by leaving corners quickly than by trying to get into or through them too quickly and farking it up. Try to keep traction in 2nd and 3rd.

I sh*t you not, there really is another half a second to be had from my latest time.

Edited by Puffwagon
Changed after to before in the 2nd last paragraph

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d

I am not worthy :bowdown:

15 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

hold the boost down along the next straight until you hit 350 then get off it with about 40 to 50% left.

I've adjusted 5th and 6th on your set up so I can hit 370

and I'm still 6 seconds down :bangcomputer:

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Haha so I'll see you in the top ten before the weekend then ay?!

Edit: I also forgot to say that you can use the little dip in the road after the 350 pull to help get traction on the brakes to turn into the 3rd gear corner.

Edited by Puffwagon
  • Like 1