Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 24d

So the 2080ti has been out for a couple of days. 

I've watched the benchmark videos, live streams, butthurt rants and have seen the results. Check out jayz2cents, gamers nexus, pauls hardware and bitwit for info. 

In synthetic tests it goes freaking awesome and gaming results are right up there too.

For non rt (ray tracing) gaming it kicks ass but has pcie based power limit issues which may reduce performance with the rt cores active.

It is to 4k gaming what the 1080ti was to 1440p gaming. If we go back a generation the 980ti was hitting 55 to 60 fps all day long at 1440p on the AAA titles but was lacking that last 10%.

The 1080ti is in the same boat with 4k. It smashes most titles at 4k but is just a tiny bit lacking when you crank the settings in some games.

Is this a trend developing to sell high end cards to gamers using the highest mainstream resolution? Let's save that one for conspiracy cat to mull over. 

Now there's the price. It's 2 grand. It's double the price of a 1080ti with much less than double the performance. Forget whether you can go and buy one tomorrow. The question we should be asking ourselves is, is it reasonable to charge that much for a consumer graphics card?

For me personally, I'll be sticking with my current rig for the foreseeable future because building a top tier pc has tripled in price over the past few years. 

What are ya thoughts boys? Anyone ordered one or thinking about it? Don't care about dropping 4 grand for an nv link upgrade? 

Lemme know your thoughts in the comment section below and as always, hit that like button, don't forget to subscribe and thanks for reading. :gamer:

• Like 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 22d
4 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Forget whether you can go and buy one tomorrow. The question we should be asking ourselves is, is it reasonable to charge that much for a consumer graphics card?

It is a ridiculous price for a graphics card, only the "must haves" will buy one 

for me it's not an option, ever

if I am going to drop 2K on anything gaming it will be a VR headset

only good thing to come of this is the price reduction we see already on the 10 series cards

Edited by bloodycrashboy

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 24d
6 hours ago, bloodycrashboy said:

only good thing to come of this is the price reduction we see already on the 10 series cards

The 1080ti hasn't dropped though. My card dropped to $999 a few weeks ago and is back up to $1129 today. 

I don't see them dropping in price any further than the usual fluctuations until amd releases a 1080ti killer or nvidia releases their next gen in 2 to 3 years.