Looking for replacement g6et brake pads

NVT

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 1d

I'd be hesitant to use QFM again as they (and EBC) are the only pads I've had dump resin all over the dics.

(NB the above evidence is anecdotal only and has a sample size of 6 brake pads only)

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 25d

ohh don't get me started on Bremtec pads about dumping resin all over the rotors.

Thank f*ck I went with Bendix after having all those issues with the Bremtec stuff.

The Bendix ultimate have helped true out my rotors even after a skim, I had light vibrations when braking hard.

Just this morning I had to brake hard and I mean hard from high speed and the Bendix Ultimate did the job bloody well.

They were awesome and I could smell the brakes when I got to work. Like everyone has said already, they are dusty as f*ck. 

No I don't wash my car every week. I have two young kids and the misses is a nurse.

I just cant find the time to do everything especially when looking after the kids on the weekend.

Anyways My next set of pads(Project Mu NS400) are already lined up. They are patiently waiting on the shelf next to my Caltex oil stock in the garage.

They will be going in next and I am not sure when that will be as I have heard that the ultimate can last up to 50k and more.

I rather keep on using these Bendix ultimate as I CBF swapping them over.

Ohhhhhhhh  and don't forget, they also squeal a lot when applying light braking in heavy traffic. That is the only thing that drives me bonkers with the ultimate.

Edited by masda74
grammer and added in missing text.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m
9 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

hands up if you've tried-

QFM

Remsa

Bendix

PMU 

Geniune Ford (Brembo)

Hawk

EBC (Green and Red)

I got 4/7 in that, damn so close to a perfect score!

• Member For: 11y 1m 29d

I'd be hesitant to use QFM again as they (and EBC) are the only pads I've had dump resin all over the dics.

(NB the above evidence is anecdotal only and has a sample size of 6 brake pads only)

Reeeeaally

I was gonna get A1rms next after hours and hours of researching. Want something with a pretty brutal bite like my friends track car but not needing quite as much warming up. Was it a1rms that did the resin thing or hpx?

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 19d

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies so far!  I've used a couple of pads but nothing too outrageous;

Brembo standards, OEM pads, Bendix Ultimates, Bendix CT's, Ferodo DS

I've read good things about the PMU, QFM and EBC sets so I thought I'd ask around.  If the PMU pads are as good as they seem, maybe that's the way to go?

JETURBO can you hit me up with some pricing for G6ET calipers?  The rear pads are a standard Ferodo and have almost no dust or noise - May consider leaving them on and just changing the fronts...

Thanks guys!

Cheers,

Edited by NVT

Has anyone used.... forza fp3 pads? Seem to be the latest thing being flogged off at the moment. Got offered a set cheap as the place I was trying to buy A1RMs from sold out.

If I wanted a street only pad that was low noise and dust and decent stopping I'd be all over the NS400.

But I'm after the best possible braking for the street and the ability to handle high Temps if I hit up a track day or something so I'm looking at better options at the sacrifice of noise, faster rotor wear and dust. Not trying to say a product is sh*t or anything like that and I've been in a car using the pmu hc800 pads on the track and that thing stopped like it was hitting a concrete wall so I know they make quality gear.

• Like 1