FG AC Vent issue

broke

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 14d

Hey guys,

Had my aircon re-gassed about a year ago due to a slow leak on an 'O' ring being worn. Worked perfectly. It's been on the cool side early in the morning up in NQLD recently so I turned the AC off when I started the car first up in the morning. Anyway, this afternoon went to turn it back on and nothing comes out of the front vents. The blower is definitely working and have checked the filter and made sure the blower is going, it regulates up and down with the fan speed control no worries. However it blows a gale out the front demister vents and rear vents nice cold air but nothing out the fronts. Anyone experienced this kind of issue before? Trying to sell the car to move overseas soon so if I can't fix it myself I'll have to go see someone.

Cheers!

• Donating Members

Hey mate, thanks for the reply. Just the single zone. It's definitely still cold, you can feel it slightly creep out the vents. But seems like that relay thing that lets it swap from demist to front etc is just stuck on demist..

Edited by broke

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

lay ont the passenger seat with your head under the passenger foot well and you'll be able to see the HIM (heat intergration module)

Looks like this-

Which looks like this- (but is probably light grey in your car)

him2-300x225.jpg

in this area

Y26KeMV.jpg

Cycle the vent positions and you should see the drives on the HIM move (there's a series of lever connected to the HIM) It's possible on has popped off or if they are all intact and don't move it's probably and issue with the HIM

• Donating Members

Hey mate, scrambled under there and saw the yellow lever attached to the white lever with that bit of bar ( I want to say wire because it's thin as I nearly bent it.) It was tight as and nothing I could do would move it, cycling the head/legs/both etc did nothing, made no sound or any movement. I can only assume then that if I've been looking at the right thing that it's stopped functioning. Also no air comes out down on the legs at all. It's demister (windshield) and rear vents only, with what I can only assume is "leakage" that comes out the front vents. Joy. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 5m 11d

Question. Is buying a 2nd hand HIM a good idea? Is it a diy install, or Fraud? Does it have to be coded to the car? And what's the name of the rod thing that breaks giving you warm air one side and cold the other? Maybe that should have been questions?

im sick of trying to drive an undemisted car in winter.