BA XR6T Ute power windows troubleshoot

NDB097

• Member For: 7y 9m 17d

Alright, I`m sure it`s been discussed on here before but I can`t find it for all love and the money...

Passenger window is playing up, won`t go down with either switches, passenger or driver. Tested the regulator, works fine both ways, so it`s not that.

Swapped both switches out into mine from a mates car which works, same model, still doesn`t work in mine. All the fuses and relays are fine.

If I put the window down with direct power to the regulator, both switches work to bring it back up but not down again...

anyone got any ideas before I lose some common sense?:facepalm:

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

It a fairly simple circuit, and given what you've described it sounds like the issues is the wiring between the switch connector and the motor itself. Where did you power up the motor? from the back of the window switch connector?

(diagram attached)

j2W07vm.jpg

• Member For: 7y 9m 17d

As you say, I can only imagine the problem being a wire somewhere on the power down side. When I powered the motor to see if it was working, I only went straight onto the connections for the motor itself as I pulled it out the door to clean it up and put dry grease in it when I bought the car.