MattyP

Mattys Diy Budget Engine Build

Just to further ad to our previous conversations on my engine build post Mat... My last car ... An r31 RB30t... I built it with CP NA forgies... Tuner couldn't run more than 8psi on 98... Few people said the tuna was the problem, but in the end I ended up running E85 full time... I'd bet you'd hav to do the same ... Forget risking 98 Mat 

Why go high comp?  It just limits what you can do with the car. Stick with 8.5 comp IMO and let your turbo do what it's designed to do. 

Not sure about 12/1 but higher compression works wonders on  e85. You can throw in more boost and timing with E85 so with the higher comp = more power. Nizpro have been doing sneaky comp engines for 10 years. Our Nizpro car has high comp pistons, which does kill the 98 power (just on 400), but once on E85 will get close to 500. Not bad for factory ford turbo...

10 hours ago, IH8TOADS said:

Why go high comp?  It just limits what you can do with the car. Stick with 8.5 comp IMO and let your turbo do what it's designed to do. 

After the hassles I went thru... Absolutely... I reckon I wud hav squeezed extra KW with the low Comp + extra boost