RACEWARS 2017

Krazy Kyle

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d

Racewars 2017

March 4th-6th

As most of us know Racewars was cancelled this year due to complications with the location, but there is talk of a new location being set and ready for next year in Albany, WA. 

Below is a quote from the Antilag forum (organiser of the event) 

"How's 1800m long, 30m wide and with a surface better that most public roads sound ? " 

"the new potential location has an awesome strip, is less of a sh*t hole, and the town wants the event. "

Still many many things to be done prior to bringing the circus back to life. 

RW's return is part of a big push by private enterprise and the council to facilitate the growth of motorsport in the region and what we are doing is a mere drop in the ocean compared with what is being planned down there.

For what its worth let's consign Wylie to the history books where it belongs now. For the record I don't have any axe to grind with Wylie and neither does anyone else really. What's done is done and it was always going to wind up with us out growing the town and the town was always going to want more than we had any hope of delivering there, we are moving onwards and upwards and thanks to the agreement being terminated we can go play elsewhere. 

The bigger picture paints a much clearer picture. 

For what it's worth though.
1800m long + 100m run off and the surface is perfect.
We are still allowing head to head runs up to 1/2mile roll on's.
Drag Radials should be signed off which will be a game changer. 
The flip side is no skids. And no skids will actually mean no skids. Paint the strip and you will get told to piss off. We know there will be some wheelspin but we all know the difference between someone having a go and someone taking the piss. 

Posting this up to get as much coverage as possible, and would love to see people from other states come across and join in on this event, as those who have been will tell you it is quite a unique experience. It's still under deliberations at the moment, but will try to keep it updated as much as possible. 

For anyone wanting to see some pictures and videos of the previous years, check out  https://www.racewars.com.au/

Edited by Krazy Kyle
  • Like 2

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Watch the official 2013 video and see me get chopped over 800m by a GTR from his in car footage :D

https://youtu.be/RBBA07w7mXo?t=2m21s

It costs a BOMB to run the event and so many people are all talk and no action when it comes to attending an actual timed race track...don't be afraid of getting chopped, just enjoy the event and atmosphere like I do.  You don't need  400+rwkw to enjoy it.  There are stock Evos, STIs, SSs etc.  If you have an opponent in mind it's easy to just ask to line up against a mate or another specific car you think might be a close run.  I know the most exciting runs I've had are against cars of similar power and it's pretty laid back down at the track as long as you don't act like a moron.

My own vids are below of various dishing and receiving of chop.  Such an awesome weekend I'm really looking forward to this new airstrip which should have a pristine surface from what I've read (less/no stone chips when you lose).  Just hope they can nut out the details and make it happen again next year!

Edited by -Stever-
  • Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Good point for the serious guys, E85 is in high demand at these and does stop people having as many runs as they might otherwise be up for.

• Cruise Control

Might fill the Ute with 44's and make some money

By then ill be running the same anyways. might need the 44's just for myself

Edited by Krazy Kyle
  • Like 2

• Cruise Control
On 06/04/2014 at 11:55 PM, -Stever- said:

There's an E85 tanker up there just for the event I think :P

On 07/04/2014 at 9:44 PM, -Stever- said:

The tanker was organised by race entrants, not sure if public are allowed to use it up :) Didn't look into it as still running on dino bones.

T'was quoted as above :)

If a person (or a few) had the upfront money, possibly work in the petroleum business and easy means to a tanker, I think it would be a good money taker. Would love to do it myself.... just lacking the $30k-40k to do it with

Edited by Krazy Kyle