RACEWARS 2017

Krazy Kyle

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d
On 3/6/2017 at 2:25 PM, IH8TOADS said:

Thanks heaps Arron for taking the Evo home!  Very kind of you. Great weekend hanging out with the lads and there was no shortage of banter!!  Spewing Luke couldn't get a clean run in, especially the effort he went to on the other lads cars. Great to see the Monsta Torque guys do so well and Rob there supporting also. We need more workshops down there representing Fords.

EVO home safe and sound.

We are all motor sport / car enthusiasts.  Glad to help out....

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d
$650 for 4. Couldn't say no   19s.  8.5 with 255 and  9.5 with 285. 

I could have EASILY said no...even if I was being paid $650 for those wheels...I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...
  • Like 4

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

My video playlist is here, will add more later one

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkex0FQNPOomyFYF2lXF0CXDNlQocrEhe

Individual vids worth sharing:

Better sound from the phone but you can't see the steering:

Edited by -Stever-
  • Like 5

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m

So my racewars weekend was kind of odd. Had some very frustrating issues with my car that really highlighted how little time I spend prepping it. I loved helping all the boys out and getting there sh*t to run as well as we could, but next year I really need to take time to go over my car properly.

Saturday saw some average runs, but I was never out to set records. Given the setup was all new and largely untested I found some issues with boost control so spent some time replumbing the wastegate. @Uberxr was a big help and even gave me a banana so I would calm down and not wind up punching on of the many passers by who where asking very silly questions or suggesting what engine should be in the car. (You're not you when you're hungry here have a banana)

My next two runs saw my terminal speed go from 201 to 224, but I was still having to peddle it and on the third run, I backed out early as the car didn't seem right. Turns out gut instinct was right and on the return road the belt let go. I made a fairly hot entry (speed wise) into the pit and was out pushing before the car had rolled to a stop and the usual suspects arrived to help get the wounded army tank back into the pics

tXGWtVk.jpg

Special guest appearances from a couple of forum regulars in that shot.

Much finger pointing, ohhing and ahhhhing occurred and after we raided everyone's parts stashes we realised we had a spare belt but not a balancer. so my day was done.

At least she looks good when hard parked

ASRhbdA.jpg

Saturday night saw me lapping around Albany to return some tools I had borrowed and eventually lending some tools to a mate in need before heading home depressed to a house full of drunken happy people so before I could say "who's phuckin idea was racewars" (it was discostig's for the record) I had a beer in one hand and a piece of oddly sauceless pizza in the other.

Once we where suitably liquored up we did the obvious thing and looked into whey I was still seeing 26+lb of boost on minimal gate pressure. Luckily for my car, Toads and I do some of our best work after a few and soon spotted the reason.  Silly error by me when setting up a couple of alternate tunes the night before saw incorrect load axis on a couple of critical tables which resulted in excessively retarded timing and overboost. 

So we fixed that, drank more beer and took the piss out of @IH8TOADS early onset dementia.

Luckily Repco in Albany where more than happy to lighten my by several hundred $'s (at trade price) for the parts I required and it wasn't too long before this happened.

EIMRxjm.jpg

I only got 1 more 800mtr run before the 1000's started so I used this as yet another part throttle test pass and the army tank managed 222.

The 1000mtr runs saw issues crop up again, I wasn't able to maintain correct fuel mixtures for the boost/timing I was running so this resulted in less than ideal trap speeds.

Log below show, RPM (Red),Throttle Position(Brown)  and Speed (Green) and illustrates how many times I had to roll off the throttle and back on.

vL3THLW.jpg

Obviously this shows the car is nowhere near it's potential but this was the best it could do on the day so the decision was made to park it.

A couple of tweaks on @Uberxr & @-Stever- primer missles saw them both gain a couple of KMH. The decision was then made to write a balls to the wall tune for @turboknapp car which featured all of the boosts, all of the sparks and a little less of the fuels but by the time this was done and in the car the lanes where close so the big boys could duke it out, so that was racing for the weekend.

Sunday night hilarity included, Rude German waitstaff, disagreements about Private Party attendance, Steak Steak and moooooar Steak, Boong Eggs, Stolen Buckets and Arguments about Dogs and was one of the best times I've had in a long time.

I think these two pics pretty much sum up the experience

You win some

LOcRP6T.jpg

and you loose some

Btm9wRE.jpg

The weekend may not have gone to plan but the opportunity to hang out with some old mates, cement some friendships with new mates, buy a new airconditioner, get a haircut and learn about Uncle Garry and collect oh so much valuable logging data was worth it.

Big thanks to those mentioned above and also

@mummba for the constant laughs

@LazyBrennan for spend two hours helping me remove the balancer (and also @Uberxr for the stellar ignition technician work)

2018 RW programme-
Built Trans and TailShaft

ALL the boosts and Sparks

Aero oh so much Aero. There are some pretty big brick walls around the 245/250 mark you need to punch through.

If I only I knew someone who knows someone who's an Aero Engineer for a Major Nascar team.........oh wait I do.

For anyone who's thought about, talked about,dreamt about running your car...

Don't be a 

qXAyFwz.jpg

Do it!

Lastly

Phuck Primer cars

14Cpk42.jpg

Edited by Ralph Wiggum
  • Like 10

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

Hahaha that was a decent write up, I'll skip doing one and just say "WHS^"