The stockist +300rwkw member

Krazy Kyle

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 8d

Well, after 5 and a half years, ive made the 300 club and have decided to put together a bit of a build thread. 

Some time in October 2010 I bought a FG F6 ute, something I had wanted since the BA's came out. always loved utes and turbos even more. Build #15

This was the day I picked it up. 

quGcW4m.jpg

It stayed much like this for some time, couldnt afford to do mods after buying the F6. Was fully optioned though, which was a plus. 6 pot Brembos, sat nav ($6k option, and painful to use, no idea why the original owner got it, but at least came with the premium screen), hard tonneau cover, Tein struts (lowered, and I think the rear springs were reset, dont look like after market ones and its not on blocks), 20" rims..... 

It came with a Sniper tune module, so guessing the original owner had it tuned at BPT. So, I went there, had it serviced and put on the dyno. came up with this...

oQL2Moc.jpg?1

wasnt too happy with the curve, but came out around the 280rwkw. Was ok for a daily for now. 

Was some time befor I did any mods directly affecting the KW factor, but I did get some other work done... all needed, but all taking money from the mod funds.

Due to some kerb rash, I ended up getting the rims cleaned up, as well as breaking up the all black look. Firstly was just the silver lip, this photo taken the day after I crossed the Nullabor. Rained for half the trip

YjHT6kB.jpg

The day I had the wheels installed we had a cruise with the Western oz bunch, and some may remember this happening... hit a kerb and went into a small empty garden bed in one of the meet points....  lolz were had

Ko6YrYR.jpg

Then u tried a bright red..... I used a cheap paint straight onto the rim. it chipped off easily, as well as flaked off when I was cleaning with the pressure washer.

4tjWvMm.jpg

so I then went a candy apple red... I really like this one, but again, home job and it looks a little dull now, so working on upgrading to some 19" rims, rather than the 20's. More sidewall on the tyres, less road noise, better ride etc. 

ifJ1MVe.jpg

I also upgraded the stereo. Put in some Focal splits, as well as some Dynamat to help reduce some road noise and give a better sound. Also put in some Pioneer 6x9's in the rears (photos to come, as well as more on the sound deadning) All has been installed to keep the stock look. can just see the Pioneer amp below the passenger seat. 

4ziqQQt.jpg

Y7flsmq.jpg

I then replaced the genuine Brembo rotors, as there were squealing and causing a bit of a shudder. Both with RDA grooved and dimpled. Fronts now have Project Mu pads, rears EBC reds. In the picture below, you can also see the camber adjustment kit I had installed to stop the inside of my fronts from scrubbing. has been spot on since its been set up. reduced the camber to 0.8 degrees. Steering is a little heavier then it was (around the 1.7 degree mark), but havent scrubbed any tyres since. 

Fronts

d9VkTC9.jpg

JR9p1u2.jpg

Rears

Old

xlCFgPZ.jpg

New

KH0ajGF.jpg

And then came time for some actual performance mods. FordXR6Turbo sticker. made me 10kw right there...

RMjVLUg.jpg

But really, I did do some mods. New intercoler and Venom cat (no pics of cat, will when up on hoist next). Went the Plasmaman stage 2 (800hp one I think). I wanted the tube and fin and there was one cheap on the forum classifieds. Had my trusty supervisor checking out the job.

gxSkYRT.jpg

kegpSSa.jpg

eBDQlOa.jpg

Took it to the tuner and got this bit of paper back...

z2c1SLm.jpg?1

Was pretty happy with that. and that is the story so far. This how the engine bay looks. Hoping to keep it looking as stock as possible. 

bWMh53a.jpg

Edited by Krazy Kyle
  • Like 7

• Cruise Control

Next on the list is injectors and fuel pump.

My ID1000's rocked up last week. Hope to have these in soon. After that will be a KPM intank. Want to get around 370rwkw on the stock cat back. See how far it can be pushed. Im not after more than that. E85 will be concidered as there are 2 servos with it within 5kms of my house. But not rushing into that.  

fDGKcni.jpg

• Cruise Control

Tomorrow the car is being dropped off at Mann Detailing to get the swirl marks removed. They have been there since I bought it. Something I forgot to add. Bought it at 15,800kms, 2008 model, first of the FG's. The marks have always upset me. looks ok in most photos, but in the wrong lighting it looks terrible. 

Tried to get a photo of it. Its worse than it looks ion the photo. On every panel. 

qBXgbAf.jpg

• Like 1

• Cruise Control

Priorities. Between Motocross, traveling, snowboarding (from Perth, snow is a long way away), building a house, there has just been more important things. 280kw has been fine, got my joys from racing rather than in the car. But I am enjoying the perks now.

• Like 1

• Cruise Control
25 minutes ago, MurdoK said:

I remember! Haha

You may also remember these.... Thanks again :)

bWhZptL.jpg

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 7d

^^^ missus saw that pic and said something similar

Those FPV rims suited your car. If only they filled out those rear guards more.

Ended up swapping them for 17s lol.Sat in my shed for 2-3yrs. So if ya ever looking at chucking some sticky tyres on a 17 and running a time let me know. just have to burn the tread off the tyres first

• Like 1

• Cruise Control

They did look good, but yeah, lacking size in the rear, needs more offset.

And thanks Stubbie. Think he was just tired of my sh*t