The stockist +300rwkw member

Krazy Kyle

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d

reference to explain what the numb nuts are on about... thanks Steve

0ksZ4I7.jpg

and @OZYWALKER, you were worried about cluttering up my thread. You were the only one that had useful information. Feel free to discuss your experience on here. keen to hear

Edited by Krazy Kyle
  • Like 3

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

You said it Kyle.

I found removing the saddle bushes altogether made the biggest improvement and didn't increase NVH. Obviously you don't need to do this now that you've already rebushed it but it anyone else wants to it isn't hard.

You have to remove the bracket around the saddle bush/leaf pack then the bushes. Either make a metal locator up to properly align the locator bolt in the axle bracket or cut the locating ring from the saddle bush and use that.
Then bolt it back up.

If you want to remove the "helper" leafs from the leaf pack you may need longer u bolts, you can remove the helper leafs and place them above the leaf pack to lower the rear around 15-20mm but you will probably need some g clamps to do so. This also seemed to reduce tramp as it stiffens the leaf pack.

I'd suggest staying with the leaf setup if you can, it's not hard to do what I have suggested in you garage or driveway and you can always return it to the previous setup.

The reason I say this is I know you were interested in The PSR 5 link kit. It's a really good kit no doubt, especially since I've sorted the shocks out. The problem is with the angle of the pan hard bar and it only comes into play when you want to run wide tyres and set it up really soft eg335 wide tyres when at the drags.

If you set the dampers soft, when you accelerate hard the rear squats. As the pan hard bar acts on the axle laterally and as it is on a fair bit of an angle the axle is pushed across a fair bit, I'd say 50mm, maybe more. Obviously this can be a problem as the tyres will get chewed by the guards and guards possibly damaged.
It's not a problem when I have it set stiffer for daily driving bit it is something that you should consider about this kind of setup.

I should note that all 4 link kits with a pan hard bar will do this. As this kit is 100% bolt in it has to allow clearances which is why there is such an angle on it. Whereas the McDonald bros racing kit has a bracket that allows the pan hard bar to remain close to level with the axle to limit this lateral movement but their kit is far from bolt in.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 3d

The most satisfying thing I've seen coming back onto here is seeing Kyle finally modding his car! Hooray!

Great to see @-Stever- hasn't lost his love of his Kevin Rudd 'mint' picture either haha. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d

So had to come through Adelaide to try some suits for a mates wedding, and decided to pick up the final piece of power mod for my ute. Wanted to buy online but got stingy at the $50 postage and figured I would pass by here soon enough. 

RwdNLrO.jpg?1

I know there are many people who will not agree with my purchase, but it fits all my needs. Walbro 460 pump, reg, wiring loom, and 10 micron filter.

• will take me (well, I hope) to around the 360-380rwkw mark. essentially making the stock cat back as the most restrictive item left
  • E85 ready
  • No surge, no noise, leagal (well, more legal)

And yes, this is as far as I want to go. Im very excited to fit it all up and see what it does on E85. Will have to wait another month though, wont have time to fit it up until december (had less than a week at home over 3 months). Hoping to get this installed and to tranny service at the same time. Ive also got a reverse camera to wire in, and one day I will get my catch cans delivered to me and ill install them. Beyond that I dont think there is much else I want to do... 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...