Barra intake manifols - Back to back testing

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

Don't worry bud. Old mate's new plenum is greatly different from anything that we currently have on offer. :D

On 4/29/2016 at 7:08 AM, gaz097 said:

I think it is a spooling boost like posted above

I just reread his post. Thank you for pointing it out. :D

On 4/28/2016 at 6:27 PM, turbo_will said:

Every time I have done a bigger plenum swap on spring pressure I have found the boost has changed with a drop as rpm increase. Only a pound or two but I feel you would be better off using some form of boost control to be able to level boost out again if required. I have a spoolinboost plenum you can add to the comparisons if your interested.

IMG_20150718_145252.jpg

IMG_20150718_143933.jpg

We would be more than happy to add your manifold to the list.. I will contact you when when we are closer to performing the testing. Cheers :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I got sent some pics of the 3D printed plenum today. All I can say is that it looks schmick.. The owner is currently sourcing a cnc to get a billet one made. I am VERY keen to get one for myself, So I've asked him to get a price to get two made...  I believe that the retail version will be cast versions (Alloy, I believe....)  and I have asked him get a price on some magnesium versions, with the view to minimising weight.

I'll keep you posted on further developments and release photo's when the owner permits. 

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 2

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d

Very interested in seeing this!!, I assume you this will be conducted in qld? Id love to compare my modified B series mani back to back, but I cbf pulling it off etc lol

Yes. Testing will be conducted in the sunshine state.

I know how you feel with pulling the manifold off. I will be donating my Plazzy for the test. I'm not looking forward to pulling it out, as it was a pain in the arse even when nothing else had been installed. I'm really keen to see the results though..

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I have one on my car...

but I haven't unbolted a single thing from the car in the last 12-18 months... motivation is low :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...