10 second Territory Turbo

J..

• Member For: 7y 11m 7d

Hi guys,

I currently have a stock SY Territory which I really like. Practical, comfortable and great for the family. Recently I've been reminiscing about my old BF XR6T with 265rwkw that I got rid of a few years and have started thinking why not upgrade to a Territory Turbo.

If I do it, I want to go all the way this time. This one on youtube has inspired me of what theyre capable of as it appears to be into the 10 seconds.

So, will it be as simple as looking on carsales for something like this one, then hooking up with a good tuner and giving him buckets of $$$ ? Is that too many k's to be winding up to that sort of power? What would be a rough budget for that sort of power?

This vehicle will be a daily driver with kids in the back going to school and running around the shops. I just really like the idea of being able to smoke any Late model camira at the lights on the odd occasion in a family bus.

Am I dreaming or is this something practical to aspire to? What could be the potential pitfalls in the process of getting it tuned?

Can anyone recommend a competent experienced tuner in the south east suburbs of Melbourne?

I appreciate any advice..

Edited by J..

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Since that's the ONLY 10 second territory, I'd say you're aspirations are a little high to hope to have the car as a daily as well as a 10 second drag-strip monster.

The problem with territory vehicles is the weight - they tend to break driveline bits because you have to push the power just a little bit further than an XR6T for a 10second pass.

My suggestion would be to do the bolt ons and nothing crazy then you can probably run 11's and be able to smoke the cars you want (most of the time) without overly risking massive breakage.

Heaps of tuners in the south-east of Melbourne. You're spoilt for choice, essentially. But of course you'd be looking for an AWD dyno so I'd suggest Springy off the top of my head. You could even go to the same tuner as the territory in that video. I'd say spending reasonable $$ would be required to emulate the feat in the video.

• Member For: 7y 11m 7d

Good advice. So if I was smart and lowered my expectations down to 11 seconds, whats the general consensus on max safe(ish) power before you start to break things?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Probably around low to mid 300awkw is a reasonably safe figure and should be able to run an 11 if you can launch it without too much wheelspin.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

Under 10k and you'd be running 11s.

Being a high kilometer car you might need to spend money before taking it to a tuna. I know I wanted to take my new BF to a tuna but at this stage it's at the normal mechanic who fixes things far cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 9m 27d

With just a tune, F6 snorkel, K&N and exhaust debung, mine went to 208kw at all four wheels from 160ish.

I only used an SCT 2 for this, and the tune device is for sale, only ran 10 psi as well!

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 7d

J... I'd just take the plunge & go & see Independant motorsports & do the same to your Terror as what this guy has.  I'm from Sydney but plan on a trip to Melb to get my ZF upgraded to a stage 2 from Nizpro... Y??   Mate they have the runs on the board... These forums are great as they give you an idea of what does & doesn't work. Good luck mate .. Luv to see another territory in the 10s 

Edited by SipposBFT

• Member For: 10y 4m 8d

yah fat arse + oodles of torque = sad driveline. Can be built to do it if you have the coin.

That vid of that green F6X chopping people at powercruuse whilst bagging the front wheels is gold