Mal Wood T56 CSC won't bleed

T-Rex

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 4d

Okay so I forgot to check here before I did it, had a great time changing my slave back over. I sat there with my mate going look at this there's like 1mm difference between them that must be it! So put it all back in and it's still not going into gear while running.... As far as I knew all that had to happen is the clutch bolted together and was straight down the center.... What have I missed? I put it back together how it came off the first motor but I must have done something wrong

• Donating Members

In summary, everything should be as it was originally but won't disengage. The car lurches forward if started in gear with the clutch in. The CSC is the original again and the clutch went back together how it came apart, the only think I can think of is that maybe the pressure plate got damaged when I put my motor back in however I didn't check last night. I'm waiting on a snake camera so I can stick it in and watch while the pedal gets pushed but other wise I have no idea

• Donating Members

You better believe I did! It's a twin plate as well, and now I think of it the centre plate may have been swapped around when I cleaned it but the clutch disks themselves are definitely right because I made sure of the stamping (flywheel side-transmission side)

• Donating Members

Witness marks in the interest of keeping balance or just for reassembly? I forgot because I didn't think that would apply hence not having much experience with clutches.... I'm going to have to pull it apart at a minimum I'm guessing?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d

Keeping the flywheel/in plate/pressure plate and both frictions relationship the same prevents any issue with run out in the clutch or the possibility of alinging two high posts with each other and causing drag. 

• Donating Members

Ahh gotcha, but surely it wouldn't cause the clutch to stop disengaging? Aren't the pressure plates 'supposed' to be self adjusting? Or is that just generic crap I read in my googling?