Popping her cherry

Box stock T.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 25d

Yeh there deka 80's 

cheap sh*t ...

be aware if you even actually get Genuine ID's as sooooo many people think raw bosch 1000's are ID's 

that must instil confidence in what's going on  

Just an update I found a brand new Venom BA BF high flow cat bolt on section for $450 on Gumnut the other day. Hadn't even been put on the car. Plus a middle muffler delete pipe for $50. Had been on the car for a month. All up $500 cash.

Got it home noticed it was missing the centre gasket. So I rang George from Venom and asked him about picking one up from a local exhaust place. 

He pointed me towards a ford dealer because its a FG gasket.

After a quick search I could only find 60 65 85mm gaskets. Rang him back and he said "nar there not right." So he turned around and sent me the gasket I need for free to my door. What a legend. And what a piece of art the cat and twin pipes are. I would recommend ( and many on here have ) them to anyone who is the market for an exhaust system.  Now I just need to pick up a Garret 8 psi actuator from MTQ and it can go back for a retune with the new cat and actuator. Should be around 290rwkw I would be thinking. 

Should around 14-15 psi. Martin won't pump much more into it because of the stock BA rods and the 190000kms it has done.But who knows what he will turn it upto. 

The 8 psi actuator is what he told me to get. I asked if it should be a 8 or 11.8 psi actuator. Its comfortable running 13psi at the moment. 

Noticed a fuel smell yesterday a day after throwing in $40 of fuel in my car. 

After a quick look under the car under the fuel tank area I noticed some fuel spots on the ground. Ripped my back seat out and popped the fuel pump cover off. 

Nice puddle of fuel sitting around the retaining ring of the fuel pump. 

So today I have had a fun time with a 3/4 full tank of juice and removed the walbro pump to replace the seal that came with it which I didn't put in when I installed it because my original one looked fine. Obviously not.. 

So after a little bit of fooking around I got it all back in and done but there still is a leak at half full tank. Any suggestions would much appreciated.

• Gold Donating Members

I know this isn't helping you but these are the types of things that when you pay for a professional to do them they get right .... ;) 

• Gold Donating Members

I express my concerns of you doing the actuator based on what's happened so far 

let Willall Racing supply and fit it mate :happyfriends: