Boost Problem

Graham420

• Member For: 8y 1m 5d

Hey all iv recently got my self a xr6t ba 03 manuel and im having problems with my boost? I think at first I thought it was bad fuel because i filed up twice at a shity servo but its still happening the problem is when i try give it some stick its bo

2003 xr6t BA

Edited by Dagabond
  • Like 1

Mine did the same thing. Cleaned the Boost controller put it back on and it never did it again. Might not be the problem but start with that easy little job and cleaning the throttle cleaned up a rough idle at the traffic lights. I ended replacing the controller if I remember right it was about $50-$60 buck for a genuine part.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 5m 3d

In order, boost solenoid clean/bypass test sus it all out. Throttle body clean. any other symptoms like a rough idle or stalling? TPS could be sus. All ok do coils and plugs coz although your post is incomplete it sounds like its going to sh*t under load rather than boost cut or over boosting coz in that case you would probably report something like "goes hard then just dies at X rpm"

• Member For: 8y 1m 5d

Haha it only posted half my issue anything over 3000rpm now if I flatn it feels like its cutting in an out then its loosing all power after a noticeable klunk nois and kicks back in and its getting worse I pretty much cant wind my turbo up past half way I dont no to much pretty green in this area appreciate all the helpfull information the engine is all stock too

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk